"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (7 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great post, Glider. "There is no honor amongst thieves."

It follows that a key to the West weathering this storm is cohesion, which is what makes our upcoming election so fraught, with one candidate pro-NATO and one threatening to pull out.

That's the only thing I have to say about our politics.

Ed made a good point about the french 180° turn regarding Ukrainia as part of a vendetta by Macron against russian medling in former french western and central África.

The White House said Friday that Russia's offensive in Ukraine's northeastern Kharkiv region has stalled and is unlikely to advance any further.

John Kirby, the White House national security spokesperson, said the arrival of U.S. weapons has helped change the trajectory of the battle around Kharkiv, which Russian forces mounted a major attack on around the middle of May.

"They have been able to thwart Russian advances, particularly around Kharkiv," Kirby said. "The Russians really have kind of stalled out up there [and] … their advance on Kharkiv is all but over because they ran into the first line of defenses of the Ukrainian Armed Forces and basically stopped, if not pulled back, some units."

He added that Ukraine was still under pressure, and they were not taking anything for granted, but it "appears that they've stalled out," noting that this assessment was shared between Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and President Biden when the two met Friday in France to mark the 80th anniversary of D-Day.

Personally I think that this is really good news and says a lot iro the Ukraine forces. There was a serious and real risk that Russia could have broken through and gained momentum. If this had happened we all know that forces with momentum are hard to stop. This would have done wonders for their morale and the opposite for Ukraine.
To be able to hold the line in such situations is very impressive.

Absolutely, great news, but after the first two weeks of the war the stalwart defense of Ukraine doesn't surprise me.

Absolutely, great news, but after the first two weeks of the war the stalwart defense of Ukraine doesn't surprise me.
I would have some reservations. Personally i would like a source not connected to a party on either side. Bagdad Bob ...
However i do think as an armchair general the influx of i.g. arti shells would make a dent. Certainly with info the ukr gets from his allies combined with more potent defensive stuff it can stop the advance.
I do not underestimate the russkis from regrouping and try again.
But more time gained is a good thing for the donated f-16.
The Falcon will go online . That system will make a dent too. One cannot have control of the skies but this bird can make sure no airframe is going up high and lob bombs.
The potential is there .

The absence of artillery attacks on Kharkiv are somewhat indicative of the report's accuracy, I think. Of course both sides will slant their reports, but I consider Ukrainian reports more reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread