"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

KYIV, June 9 (Reuters) - Ukrainian forces have for the first time hit a latest-generation Russian Sukhoi Su-57 fighter jet at an air base inside Russia, Kyiv's GUR defence intelligence agency said on Sunday, showing satellite pictures which it said confirmed the strike.

In a Telegram post, the GUR did not specify how the Su-57 was hit or by which unit of the Ukrainian military.

A popular Russian pro-war military blogger who calls himself Fighterbomber and focuses on aviation said the report of the strike on the Su-57 was correct and that it had been hit by a drone.

The GUR said the aircraft was parked at the Akhtubinsk airfield, which it said was 589 km (366 miles) from front lines in Ukraine between Ukrainian and Russian invasion forces.

"The pictures show that on June 7, the Su-57 was standing intact, and on (June 8th), there were craters from the explosion and characteristic spots of fire caused by fire damage near it," the GUR said, with the images posted alongside the message.

Image 10-6-2024 at 3.25 am.jpeg

KYIV, June 9 (Reuters) - Ukrainian forces have for the first time hit a latest-generation Russian Sukhoi Su-57 fighter jet at an air base inside Russia, Kyiv's GUR defence intelligence agency said on Sunday, showing satellite pictures which it said confirmed the strike.

In a Telegram post, the GUR did not specify how the Su-57 was hit or by which unit of the Ukrainian military.

A popular Russian pro-war military blogger who calls himself Fighterbomber and focuses on aviation said the report of the strike on the Su-57 was correct and that it had been hit by a drone.

The GUR said the aircraft was parked at the Akhtubinsk airfield, which it said was 589 km (366 miles) from front lines in Ukraine between Ukrainian and Russian invasion forces.

"The pictures show that on June 7, the Su-57 was standing intact, and on (June 8th), there were craters from the explosion and characteristic spots of fire caused by fire damage near it," the GUR said, with the images posted alongside the message.

I'm looking forward to news of a UAF fighter's first air to air shot down of a Russian fighter over Russia.

I'm looking forward to news of a UAF fighter's first air to air shot down of a Russian fighter over Russia.

Likewise -- but even moreso I'm hoping UAF can achieve air superiority such that it allows the fresh fighters to transition to CAS/BAI. It'll be a hard push, no doubt, but there's a reason the new missile arrivals are targeting airfields and SAM sites, I think. I know that's what I'd do. Shape the battlespace and preset the conditions, and then look forward to that last shootdown.

Likewise -- but even moreso I'm hoping UAF can achieve air superiority such that it allows the fresh fighters to transition to CAS/BAI. It'll be a hard push, no doubt, but there's a reason the new missile arrivals are targeting airfields and SAM sites, I think. I know that's what I'd do. Shape the battlespace and preset the conditions, and then look forward to that last shootdown.
Notice that the past month has seen Ukraine heavily target radar and SAM sites in the Crimea?

If no one is willing to prosecute Nvidia for supplying Russia massive amounts of embargoed technology then why do you expect them to prosecute mouthpieces?
Nvidia's stock is dropping like a rock due to their involvement with Russia.

This is worse than being drug through court.

Last I heard, their splitting stock shares in an effort to prop up stock values, which will probably see a share dump as a result.

Being prosecuted would be far more merciful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back