"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This bit:
"As for the supply of lethal weapons to the combat zone in Ukraine, this would be a very big mistake," he said. "I hope this doesn't happen. If this happens, then we, too, will make appropriate decisions that are unlikely to please the current leadership of South Korea."
is classic Putanism.

It's ok to send NK weapons for Russia, but not ok for SK to send weapons to Ukraine.

However, *if* Putin did not involve NK, then SK would have remained on the sidelines.

Also, someone might need to remind Putin that the U.S. is a direct defense partner of South Korea.

Not really. Don't make the mistake of thinking Russia has their entire military involved in Ukraine. I could easily see something like some Su-27s (or Su30/35s or other variants) being supplied, even if from existing stocks.

I know they haven't gone balls-deep in Ukraine, but at the same time they have other frontiers that require units -- the Baltic, the Central Asian states which are starting to look askance at being Russian satellites, and so on.

It's not like a bottomless well, as we've already seen. What numbers? Then too, if they do decide to transfer more-advanced fighters to DPRK, there's training and logistics involved. Who's training those NorKor pilots? That's right, Russians who are probably wanted on other frontlines or frontiers. What are they armed with? Missiles the Russians are running low on? Dumb bombs? How much fuel is available?

As we've discussed endlessly here regarding F-16s to Ukraine, this kind of thing doesn't happen overnight, and Russia in particular is going to have real problems putting teeth into this tiger, I suspect.

South Korea's Air Force has F-15s, F-16s, F-35s and their domestic FA-50.

Their Army has some serious hardware, too as well as their Navy.

It's one thing to parade around and execute people with AA guns, it's an entirely different matter to engage a well trained and well equipped adversary.

If Jong gives it a go, he'll discover South Korea just may be a potential candidate for the hallowed "f**k around and find out" club.

North Korea also relies on the large 5000 tunnel system for protected movement. A lot in hillsides etc apparently.

They really need to take into consideration a rather large type of bomb that was used in Afghanistan a few years ago
by the U.S. (army?) which makes underground areas a dangerous place to be.

North Korea also relies on the large 5000 tunnel system for protected movement. A lot in hillsides etc apparently.

They really need to take into consideration a rather large type of bomb that was used in Afghanistan a few years ago
by the U.S. (army?) which makes underground areas a dangerous place to be.

I don't think even the MOAB can put much of a dent in extensive, multi-exit tunnel complexes. Granted we didn't have those bombs at Iwo Jima, but all the same, look at how Japanese tunneling allowed both ventilation and mobility, and thus survival for weeks after the island was declared "secured", even with flamethrowers and napalm. And Iwo was so much smaller.

A MOAB can suck an awful lot of air from the entrance it hits. But while it sucks oxygen from the immediate radius, that vacuum created also induces air into the tunnel system from other apertures, meaning that the killing is localized. Camouflage ventilation helps, and is required if you're using rail or motor to move through such a system. That vent system will also mitigate any MOAB.

Mountainous terrain+tunnels = airpower limitations.

A MOAB can suck an awful lot of air from the entrance it hits. But while it sucks oxygen from the immediate radius, that vacuum created also induces air into the tunnel system from other apertures, meaning that the killing is localized. Camouflage ventilation helps, and is required if you're using rail or motor to move through such a system. That vent system will also mitigate any MOAB.
The MOAB type is designed to hit underground tunnels / facilities as it doesn't suck the air out, rather it creates
a blast wave which carries debris with it while it expands. This causes destruction into any airways without having to
destroy a structure. It's like a tornado which can rip apart the insides and even the roof of a house without being
stopped by the structure itself.

I thought the opposite was the case for a long time until I wanted more info on the explosive used and I found the
methodology explanation.

About the time that CNN was running the story about Ukrainians disliking the Abrams, another story broke about the 47th Mechanized removing their Abrams from the front.

None of the articles provided sources and several Ukrainian military sources refuted the articles' authenticity in statements.
The Ukrainians like their Abrams, though they're clearly wanting more armour, though the former USSR forces like to put ERA on everything. A good update here, including countering some of the reports of Abrams being removed from the front.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=puL0L4j2RHo

Last edited:
The difference in the Ukrainian and Russian field kitchens and rations is remarkable. Even Russian POWs eat better than they likely ever have in Putin's army.

View: https://youtu.be/jXI4WLgKMSI?si=EuG1saeDysGRDJGf

I wonder what the underfed Russian soldiers think when they look at repatriated Russian POWs and see their full bellies and overall health.

I saw a video (UATV?) of a Russian POW allowed to call his wife. She exclaimed "You gained weight!"

Dr Ivana Stradner is a Research Fellow at The Foundation for Defence of Democracies (FDD) a non-partisan institution focusing on national security and foreign policy. She is a Special Correspondent at KyivPost and expert on Russia's information security. Ivana has been published in many academic journals and the media, including The Washington Post, The National Interest, Real Clear World and Defence, Newsweek, National Review, and Foreign Policy.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PvqXQJWItE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back