"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (9 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Decisions I am sure Ukraine now regrets...
I'd imagine! Even keeping the tactical nuclear weapons would have been valuable depending on their range.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnZYuvc1rYE

Looking at things here, it seems that the missile has a number of characteristics that remind me of several of our missiles. The fact that it used a powder-charge reminds me a bit of the Peacekeeper, the number of missiles tied to a central control-center reminds me of the Minuteman, as well as the entry to the control center being by elevator.

While it seemed there was always an intention on both sides to make missile sites as hardened as possible: I do remember an interview from a person who served on Titan II's (1980-1984) who specifically said that they never had any expectation of living much more than a half hour after turning those keys.
I am sure Putin would have thought twice about invading if they still had nukes.
I'd imagine

If you check out Youtube you can find lots of vids of the Ukrainian F-16s beating the sh*t out of the Russians. :crazy:

And if you check antisocial media I bet you can find lots of mentally challenged morons who believe the youtube vids are real. :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
Not those F-16s. According to RT, they've already all been shot down. I'm talking the next batch that will show up.

My understanding is that it usually takes about 1.5-2 years in peacetime to go from new pilot (just out of basic flight training), or maintenance technician, to become fully up-to-snuff on a weapons system such as the current up-to-date 4th generation aircraft (ie F-15/16/18, Typhoon, Raphael, Gripen, etc) and their associated equipment..

But training is only one half of the delay (I think).

The other half is that Ukraine has to be able to protect the new aircraft long enough for them to do their job, or there is no real point in supplying them with additional aircraft.

[edited]

Last edited:
There's a lot of info in this article, about various current war news, but this jumped out at me:

Russian losses in Ukraine continued to mount in May and June, according to the U.K. Defense Ministry (MoD)

Moscow's forces suffered an average daily casualty toll (killed and wounded) of 1,262 in May and 1,263 in June, the MoD reported. All told the Russians have lost a staggering 70,000 personnel in those two months alone.

That high toll was a combination of the sputtering Kharkiv Oblast offensive, using untrained troops and Ukraine's growing ability to fight back.

That's got to be untenable -- that's an annual casualty rate of over 400,000.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back