"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

While it seemed there was always an intention on both sides to make missile sites as hardened as possible: I do remember an interview from a person who served on Titan II's (1980-1984) who specifically said that they never had any expectation of living much more than a half hour after turning those keys.
I'd imagine
Yeah, they almost needed to put a cache of alcohol in the bunker that only became accessible after the launch. The crews could then sit back and have a nice drink before the end.

Truthfully, I haven't carried a smartphone on me in months, and my flip-phone seems barely a smart-phone.

You'd think so. If 400,000 US casualties were reported in 2024 there would be calls for the president's head. But we're not seeing any protests in Russia whatsoever. Sure, the regime keeps a lock down on dissent, until it can't.

.. not to mention that much dissent is forestalled by the fact that the regime practices strict information control.

Rather depends how many were actually killed or were wounded so badly that they're unable to fight again. There's plenty of reporting about Russia pushing wounded men back into the fight.

Sure, I've read that too. When we consider that in this war most casualties are being inflicted by artillery, I'd think killed or maimed is going to be a larger proportion of casualties than in a war of mobility, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back