"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah, they almost needed to put a cache of alcohol in the bunker that only became accessible after the launch. The crews could then sit back and have a nice drink before the end.

Truthfully, I haven't carried a smartphone on me in months, and my flip-phone seems barely a smart-phone.

You'd think so. If 400,000 US casualties were reported in 2024 there would be calls for the president's head. But we're not seeing any protests in Russia whatsoever. Sure, the regime keeps a lock down on dissent, until it can't.

.. not to mention that much dissent is forestalled by the fact that the regime practices strict information control.

Rather depends how many were actually killed or were wounded so badly that they're unable to fight again. There's plenty of reporting about Russia pushing wounded men back into the fight.

Sure, I've read that too. When we consider that in this war most casualties are being inflicted by artillery, I'd think killed or maimed is going to be a larger proportion of casualties than in a war of mobility, though.

Boeing and Antonov signed a defense MoU, seems to be concentrating on drone support and training/engineering resources.

Ukraine already operates the ScanEagle and has reportedly been interested in acquiring some MALE/HALE drones for wide area battlefield observation. I think most US systems might be a bit too big (and pricey), but there are a bunch of 200-400 kg long endurance drones from Israel and Europe that might fight their needs.

Off-topic but related:

BRUSSELS, July 24 (Reuters) - The war in Ukraine and the looming U.S. presidential election dominated a NATO summit in Washington this month but, away from the public stage, the alliance's military planners have been focused on assessing the enormous cost of fixing Europe's creaking defences.

NATO leaders agreed plans last year for the biggest overhaul in three decades of its defence capabilities, amid growing fears of Russian aggression. Behind the scenes, officials have since been poring over the minimum defence requirements to achieve those plans, which were sent to national governments in recent weeks, according to one military planner, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The minimum requirements detail the shortfalls in NATO armies in key areas, providing a rough indication of how many billions of euros it could cost to fix, the military planner said. NATO aims to convert these requirements into binding targets for individual governments to provide for the defence of Europe by autumn 2025, when it holds a regular meeting of defence ministers.

[...]

These include shortages in air defences and long-range missiles, troop numbers, ammunition, logistical headaches and a lack of secure digital communications on the battlefield, the conversations with NATO officials showed.

Users who are viewing this thread