"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Explain how any of that is germane to my point about neutrals shipping weapons to a warring party being an act of war....
That is your personal view - which has no foundation in regards to international laws - or anyone ever having declared a war onto someone because of supplying arms to a belligerent party. Which I had stated already before.
So what is it that you are trying to proof or say?

Regards
Jagdflieger

That is your personal view - which has no foundation in regards to international laws - or anyone ever having declared a war onto someone because of supplying arms to a belligerent party. Which I had stated already before.

Regards
Jagdflieger

And your personal view does?

Have you really lost track of it as I've continually reminded you?

C'mon, man. Go back and reread the genesis of our sidebar here.

What the UN is or what it is capable off I think is a different discussion - in regards to Korea, and e.g. Desert-storm no body complained on the Western side.

The Rhineland occupation isn't in reference to the Ukraine issue but in reference to the Georgia incident - that is were Russian expansion more or less starts of.

Regards
Jagdflieger

Then it's even less germane, because if you read back to the inception of this discussion you'll find that I was talking specifically about the possibility of NATO shipping weapons to Ukraine being an act of war.

Here, let me go look it up for you, since you can't seem to muster the energy yourself.

Of course any supply of arms or ammo from neutral parties to a belligerent is by international understanding an act of war and susceptible to interdiction -- hence the undeclared war between Germany and America in autumn 1941 in the Atlantic.

There you go. Since then this discussion has turned into you pushing the goalposts and introducing red herrings, so unless you have something pertinent to say, I'm done with this sidebar. You have a nice day, now.

Looks like Finland is going to join NATO in the next few weeks, https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61093302 Threatening the Finns backfired for Putin.

This would mean that every ship destined for Russia's European ports must either pass through NATO's Finnish/Estonian or Turkish waters or take the long way around to the Barents Sea. Of course Kaliningrad is already surrounded by NATO.

What happens if Putin tomorrow begins firing missiles into Finland as a threat against joining NATO? The Alliance has clearly demonstrated a reluctance to come to the direct aid of any non-members that are attacked by Russia.

Of course any supply of arms or ammo from neutral parties to a belligerent is by international understanding an act of war and susceptible to interdiction -- hence the undeclared war between Germany and America in autumn 1941 in the Atlantic.
International understanding! when was this international understanding ratified via a UN resolution? if not, then it is only your personal understanding
There you go. Since then this discussion has turned into you pushing the goalposts and introducing red herrings, so unless you have something pertinent to say, I'm done with this sidebar. You have a nice day, now.
I have not pushed any goalposts nor introduced any red herrings.
You have a nice day now

Regards
Jagdflieger

Last edited:
You have a nice day now
32328526.jpg

What happens if Putin tomorrow begins firing missiles into Finland as a threat against joining NATO? The Alliance has clearly demonstrated a reluctance to come to the direct aid of any non-members that are attacked by Russia.
Finland will kick Russia's ass.

They are not to be fooled with.

My personal view?
show me a UN resolution or Article that states that delivering non ABC weapons into a war zone is considered to be an act of war.

Regards
Jagdflieger

Irrelevant, no one ever claimed there would be one.

My point simply was you keep throwing around your personal view which in itself has no foundation if anything either. You keep saying others have a lack of understanding on how NATO works, yet you seem to be no different. You post long copy and paste articles or info, highlighting in bold that support your view and glossing over and ignoring other parts that don't support it.

All of you have good points, but its rather obvious that they are clouded by personal opinions based on your personal bias, and in some ways some negativity that is derived from opinions rather than fact.

Make sense comrade?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back