"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wish I could be so optimistic. I still believe we're only fed the info that we are supposed to get. Not that I blame them for doing that.

But I hope it's true that it's going bad for the Russians. That it's not going to plan is to be expected. The first casualty of war is always the plan.

I fear that the only solution is that the Russian people stand up for themselves. And I don't see that happen very soon.
I agree with someone (sorry don't remember who) that said that if things were going good for Rusia we would have see plenty of victorious footage.

And that is not the case, at least till now.

Last edited:
Funny Russians - they have a short memory!

1645952169334.png

I've the bad feeling that the war in Ukraine is just like Archduke Ferdinand's assassination in 1914. It doesn't matter how it will end on the field. It will be just the starting point for something more sinister especially for Europe.

Alarmist views like that don't help either IMHO.
People like Kissinger have been predicting where things would be headed even 10 years ago but went unheard.

As citizen of a country which had friendly ties with both Ukraine and Russia, I would have liked to see my government to take a stance as neutral as possible. Instead, it's being sucked into the general "either with us or against us" prevailing narrative of the west. This alone is a tell-tale sign that the fate of Ukraine is of rather secondary importance in the grand scheme of things. When you see two friends fighting, even if one of them started the fight, you just don't rush headlong into the fray. You try to separate them and then listen to the reasons of both of them. That is what sane persons would do.

People like Kissinger have been predicting where things would be headed even 10 years ago but went unheard.

As citizen of a country which had friendly ties with both Ukraine and Russia, I would have liked to see my government to take a stance as neutral as possible. Instead, it's being sucked into the general "either with us or against us" prevailing narrative of the west. This alone is a tell-tale sign that the fate of Ukraine is of rather secondary importance in the grand scheme of things. When you see two friends fighting, even if one of them started the fight, you just don't rush headlong into the fray. You try to separate them and then listen to the reasons of both of them. That is what sane persons would do.
You'd rather be a Nevil Chamberlain than Winston Churchill is what you are saying?

So what you saying you ok that Russia is invading Ukraine. You ok that Russia is killing Ukraine civilians.
You ok that Russia wants to put in a puppet government. This ain't a fight between friends...how do I know that?

BECAUSE FRIENDS DON'T INVADE EACH OTHER!!!

This is war. Red in tooth and nail with military consequences.

And other countries are next. So the Kremlin has said that there will be consequences if Finland and Sweden join NATO. When did the Kremlin decide who joins NATO? So that's a no. Kremlin just threatened Sweden and Finland so bring neutral ain't going to do nothing.

When you see two friends fighting, even if one of them started the figh
Ofcourse Putin will directly stop and listen to a befriended nation. Yes he always does that or is he? No wait he doesnt gives a rats ass about other nations opinions. Never did never will. So now what do you propose?

You'd rather be a Nevil Chamberlain than Winston Churchill is what you are saying?
UK at the time was like the US of today and it couldn't ignore the developing situation in Europe, since her influence was at stake. In the end, after WW2, UK lost his position as dominant country and her empire anyway, so in retrospect either choice leads to UK loosing the primacy. That's a good example of how empires come and go and mankind repeats the same mistakes.

India, in recent times, it's a perfect example of a country trying to maintain a perfect balance and neutrality (even with their border disputes with China. Neither country is so stupid as to escalate the tensions outside of the contested regions).

Last edited:
What has the British Empire got to do with Ukraine?

Are we invading Ukraine? I would not support invading Ukraine. I hope next time we invade Ukraine, someone tells me.

Although if Britain did invade Ukraine we would hopefully be doing a better job than the shower trying it at the moment.

Whatever happened it's clear Plan A didn't work.

I would assume the Russian just thought turning up would be enough.

But now the West is openly supplying arms to Ukraine and resistance is getting harder and Russia is losing soldiers and material.

The Russian banking system is about to be wiped out and the economy is going to go back to the medieval era.

Russia has already lost. The question or rather the fear is that whether the Russians realise this.
Unfortunately, Kremlin has plans B, C and probably more. I don't know what letter they have assigned for the nuclear attack. If someone says "impossible", I'll just shrug and remind that it was impossible to strike Kyiv with missiles just 4 days ago. And to send armour groups into Ukraine until August 2014. And to bomb the merchant port of Poti, Georgia until August 2008. Etc.
Slippery slope or well though policy? Probably, it doesn't matter anymore.

However, there is a large number of volunteers heading to the Ukraine to join the fight.

I was just reading that volunteers are coming from Croatia, Israel and even some Americans who were working for a tech company (Just Answer) in the Ukraine joined in.
Zelensky has invited international volunteers officially and promised that there will be a separate unit for them.
Allegedly, French Legion's command allowed Ukrainians to take leave and to return to the homeland.

Many Eastern Europeans have seen that before... Note, these "liberators" can not be hungry or exhausted. They left their camps probably just a few hours ago.

What has the British Empire got to do with Ukraine?
Are we invading Ukraine? I would not support invading Ukraine. I hope next time we invade Ukraine, someone tells me.

Although if Britain did invade Ukraine we would hopefully be doing a better job than the shower trying it at the moment.
Not really a fair comment as it was I who made the comparison to Chamberlain and Churchill.

Maybe a better comparison would be my own country. We tried to stay neutral in 1939 and look what happened.
I think the reason that we cannot and should not stay neutral is because of the lessons learned in 1939/1940.

I wish I could be so optimistic. I still believe we're only fed the info that we are supposed to get. Not that I blame them for doing that.

But I hope it's true that it's going bad for the Russians. That it's not going to plan is to be expected. The first casualty of war is always the plan.

I fear that the only solution is that the Russian people stand up for themselves. And I don't see that happen very soon.

The bold part is what I pray for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back