"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Germany is boosting its defense budget this year to the tune of €100 billion. That's a BIG increase but a one-off spend by one country is t going to alter the trajectory of European armed forces and NATO defense. The spending needs to be sustained for years, and forces built up. However, maybe this is the start of Europe taking its own defense seriously once again. One can only hope….

I'm hearing reports that Russian troops have broken through into Kyiv. Fierce fighting in the streets.
i think Ukrainian Army has initiated new tactics - they let Russians penetrate their defense just to separate and totally destroy frontal elements of russian troops - looks like they did it today's morning at Kharkov

Problem is that if he looks weak then his whole schtick is that he isn't.

I would assume the plan would be that Ukraine folds like paper and the West cowers like old ladies hiding under their beds. Plus how is Putin going to create a puppet Ukrainian state now?

Instead Ukraine is still fighting, and the West is openly supporting Ukraine and places like Poland and Finland are now angry and openly Finland is talking about joining NATO.

It's gone horribly wrong and even the most optimistic Russian assessment must see that.

There wasn't supposed to be any fighting and the West wasn't supposed to be united and now totally opposed to you.

What's worse you have highlighted that from a conventional warfare standpoint, you ain't all that. So yeah taking on NATO is an extremely hollow threat.

My goodness, the Russians have screwed up. And they didn't need to and didn't have to.

Quoth Sun-Tzu: "Never interrupt an enemy when he's making a mistake."

The battle of Bucha aftermath. 3-4 km from Kyiv. Today.
Local resident walking around the destroyed RF column and damaged buildings, obviously shocked and very angry.
By the way, he speaks and curses mostly in Russian. The one who does not want to be "liberated", obviously.

BBC was reporting this morning that the Ukrainians repulsed a Russian amphibious assault near Odessa.

Old stocks, probably? Or someone cared to make the systems compatible...

The Germans inherited Soviet equipment when the reunion happened, perhaps they came from that?

I'm almost as concerned that the sanctions will work as I am that they might not. While it's easy to compare what's happening today to the Nazis creating WW2 (with a bit of help from the Soviets, remember), there is also the problem of sanctions against the Japanese for their war against China. As the sanctions succeeded and the Japanese economy began to fail, Japanese militarists realized that they had only months to attack America - this led to Pearl Harbor, and we all know what that led to.

My concern right now is that Vlad is hungry; what will happen if the sanctions make him desparate?

Cheers,

Dana

It has been suspected and now it is confirmed.
An-225 Mriya has been destroyed in her hangar on the Gostomel (Antonov) airfield. Most probably during the first attack 3 days ago.
She was great.

It has been suspected and now it is confirmed.
An-225 Mriya has been destroyed in her hangar on the Gostomel (Antonov) airfield. Most probably during the first attack 3 days ago.
She was great.
It came once to Gran Canaria (LPA airport). Even from the highway a couple of kms away was an awesome sight. Truly one of a kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back