"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not at an airbase miles from the front line. I can see difficulties in supplying the front line but not airbases that would have been prepared for the conflict.

We don't know the entire Russian supply system, or if those shortages extend outside of the conflict.

I don't see any other reason, unless Ukraine has air superiority. Why would you not use your aircraft more?

There are reports the Russians are suffering fuel shortages. Maybe this plays a factor?
I've seen commentary about Russia wanting territory for defense and to acquire Ukrainian coastal energy resources too. This would strengthen Russia as a Europe's Petro State.
If Russia is a petroleum giant, why are their vehicles running out? Has the Oligarchy been selling the stuff for ?????
This whole attack seems half-hearted. Are the forces sent in some kind of sacrificial bait? Waiting to see how quickly NATO caves?
Any of that abandoned equipment being refurbished? I kind of always liked T-55s.

Last edited:
Russia lost 14 planes, 8 helicopters, 102 tanks, 536 BBM, 15 heavy machine guns, and 1 BUK missile since Feb. 24, according to Ukraine's military.

The Kremlin also lost over 3,500 soldiers, Ukraine's Armed Forces said on Feb. 26. Nearly 200 service members have been kept hostage.

What is really interesting to me is the Ukraine has started a website listing the names of Russian solders killed and those captured. They includes pics of IDs and such.

to bypass the article, the website is Ищи своих

For all the videos we're seeing of armed groups and burned out columns of purportedly Russian AFVs, I've seen none of actual combat with the Russians.
Mysterious isn't it. Like in the horror movie, where people just - poof! - and disappear. :eek:

But seriously, do not expect foreign reporters to be present at the real fighting scene. Even if they are brave (or reckless), how do they know what happens and where? There is no static frontline, except in some areas in the East. As for the Ukrainian combat videos, they are classified.

Not happy with the developments, although it seems there are some negotiations going on. Not sure how serious we should take those though.
We should not.
Immediately after the announcement of the talks, at least two missiles were launched from the territory of Belarus. One has stricken the airfield in Zhytomyr, another one - Chernihiv downtown.

A glimpse into the ops room. According to the background talk, the operators were disappointed that all munitions were used and the UAV should be returned to the base. And they mentioned the destruction of at least one Buk launcher in the earlier attack.

A tight column like that is a recipe for disaster if they get striked

We should not.
Immediately after the announcement of the talks, at least two missiles were launched from the territory of Belarus. One has stricken the airfield in Zhytomyr, another one - Chernihiv downtown.
I did not hear anything about a cease fire. But I agree, it's quite probably that the Russians are not really serious about this.

Something I've noticed about videos taken by Ukranian forces engaged with Russians, is that the Ukranians avoid showing Russian dead.

In this video, Ukranines have engaged and knocked out a convoy in Kharkiv. A lead vehicle is trying to get away and they take it out with RPGs.

There are two bodies between the vehicles and the sidewalk, but the cameraman goes to the far side of he vehicles while filming and once past where the dead are, moves to the other side of the convoy to view the lead vehicle that was just taken out - but does not zoom in for long, as there are two dead in the street (to the left of the truck).

So there are casualties, it just seems (at least to me) that the Ukranians do not not want to show them.

Not reporters, but I expect all 30+ million Ukrainian adults have a cell cam.

Yes, but you can't operate a weapon AND film with a cell phone. And if you're in combat, your teammates won't thank you for futzing around with a cell phone when you're supposed to be fighting.

As for non-combatants, they should rightly be hiding as far from the fighting as they can manage.

Yes, but you can't operate a weapon AND film with a cell phone. And if you're in combat, your teammates won't thank you for futzing around with a cell phone when you're supposed to be fighting.

As for non-combatants, they should rightly be hiding as far from the fighting as they can manage.

Should be obvious…lol

Not happy with the developments, although it seems there are some negotiations going on. Not sure how serious we should take those though.
Of course there are negotiations. No one is coming to Ukraine's direct aid, they can't hold off the Russians forever, and Putin and the Russians can't politically accept these unexpected losses. It's a stalemate that must now be settled diplomatically. Putin, like Asad is going nowhere.

It appears that the Russian Air Force has not been as active the past day or so as it was early on.
I am suspecting that since Russian forces have not been successful in disabling Ukraine's command and control, coupled with losing over five fighters, several helicopters and transport aircraft, they have limited their missions - perhaps waiting for successes in Kiev via the ground war?

When we remember the weak state of the Russian aviation industry, they may well be concerned with their ability to replace losses quickly, especially now that significant cash reserves have been frozen.

EU countries to send 'fighter jets' to Ukraine

We're going to provide even fighting jets. We're not talking about just ammunition.'

EU countries will send "fighter jets" to Ukraine at Kyiv's request to help it counter the Russian air and land assault, the bloc's foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said Sunday.
"We're going to provide even fighting jets. We're not talking about just ammunition. We are providing more important arms to go to a war," he told a press conference.
Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba told the EU "they need the kind of fighting jets that the Ukrainian army is able to operate... some member states have these kinds of planes," Borrell said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back