"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Since I am convinced that the Ukraine issue is not going to end before years end (if the Russians are not going to bring in considerable elements of their own army), time for the Ukrainians is running out, not just to defend but to counter attack sucessfully, they need these goodies yesterday and not somewhere around August/September.

I wonder how much longer the Russian can take all this "victory"? But yes -- if the war stretches out to six months, which seems possible and perhaps likely to me, then getting these tanks and other equipment there yesterday is still a mighty fine thing, because the training can start sooner.

I'm sorry if I gave the impression I was disagreeing with you; I wasn't. I don't see us disagreeing as much as (it seems to me) we each have our own particular concerns and perspectives.

Last edited:
The polarization is entirely media driven. Aside from a few crackpots with megaphones, most people get along just fine.
I disagree, Greg. It's driven by a political process in which ardent loyalists select party candidates who then seek to implement the desires of their supporters when in office. Any attempt to work across the aisle is seen as weakness and, come the next election, you can guarantee there will be a competitor who's further to the right or left (depending on the party) of the incumbent, so the ardent loyalists can push to even more extreme representation.

The above problem is exacerbated by the information age which gives everyone a mouthpiece, and in particular it gives politicians a megaphone for their parochial perspectives...and they use them to keep the ardent loyalists on-side. It doesn't help when "fake news" is used as a mantra to disbelieve anything in the media...which pours fuel on the fire noted above.

I'm not saying the media is innocent but it's not all their fault. Some of it is structural and baked into the established processes, and some of it is just a lack of common decency in modern society. As a people, we've forgotten how to disagree without being disagreeable. .

I'll shut up now because I've already jumped too deeply into political issues.

There is truth to what both of you say.

A fire broke out at an ammunition depot near the Russia-Ukraine border before being extinguished on Wednesday, according to a Russian official.

The fire took place at a depot in a Russian village near Belgorod located roughly 15 miles from the border, regional governor Vyacheslav Gladkov said, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Meanwhile, blasts were reported by authorities in Russia's Kursk and Voronezh regions, where the regional governors said air-defense systems had shot down drones early Wednesday, the Journal reported. Both regions border Ukraine.

Russia has said it will send investigators to Kursk and Voronezh over alleged "illegal actions by the Ukrainian army," according to Reuters.

The incidents come amid a number of other reported attacks and explosions in Russia.

Gosh, the Russians just seem to have stuff blowing up or catching fire a lot recently. I wonder what could be going wrong?
angel.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back