"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Putler's problem: how to obtain Ukraine at minimum cost and without queering the pitch for future "liberation" operations?
one 45's ex-officials said that Putin would not have invaded Ukraine as 45's policies regarding NATO and Europe were very much to Putin's liking
Aha! Creeping infiltration and subversion.

he wouldn't have marched tanks towards Kyiv, but regime change and attacks from the puppet republics in the Dombas would have likely been on the agenda.
Easy does it, we've got an ally in the White House.
He was Putin's employee of the year at the time.
He'll get elected in a landslide. Those American nazis love him. Keep digging and keep a low profile.
But then that nasty thing of the election loss interfered with things...
Holy Crap! They moved the goalposts on us! Gotta wake the Red Army up and get it rolling. Time's a wasting! Time to annunciate the "Putler Doctrine" to show we mean business.

... and without trying to be too crass, possession is 9/10 of the law anyway.

After the Admiral Makarov kerfuffle last week, hopefully this reporting is more accurate:

Ukrainian forces have damaged a Russian navy logistics ship in the Black Sea, setting it on fire, Reuters has reported a spokesman for Odesa's military as saying.

Spokesman Serhiy Bratchuk says the Vsevolod Bobrov has been struck near Snake Island, according to Reuters.

The tiny island is located near Ukraine's sea border with Romania.

There are also reports of a Russian Mi-24 helicopter gunship being shot down in Luhansk Region.

"Ukraine detected a group of four enemy helicopters and shot down the leader of the second pair," a Ukrainian air assault forces commander said on Facebook.

The BBC has not verified the claims

I think that even in Europe only Eastern Europe shares this view. Basically I think that countries that were formerly part of Soviet Union like Baltic states or Warsaw pact like Poland had suffered being on the sphere of influence of the Russians and don't want to go back.

Its just anecdotic, but I've been in Prague a few weeks ago, and I had the feeling that Czechs showed much stronger support for Ukraine than Western Europe

I share your concern. Especially considering the US first reaction to Russia's aggression was to offer Zelensky a nice safe airplane ride into exile and obscurity. I credit Zelensky's defiance in the face of Russia's invasion as the spark that galvanized the West into action. Currently Ukraine is the darling, but as this drags on, and people begin to tire of the economic drain (those billions on aid don't just materialize out of thin air) and the burden of taking care of all those refugees, as well as the global effects of the disruptions in trade hit home people are going to be looking for scapegoats.

This article states the ship as the Vsevolod Bobrov.
Russian logistics ship 'on fire in Black Sea after Ukrainian strike'

Couple of sources also reporting Ukraine's northern counterattack around Kharkiv has reached the Russian border in a few places. Russian troops appear to have gone over to the defense and are withdrawing over the border or east to shorten their lines.

Reports are that up to 20 BTGs are withdrawing into Belgorod and positions to the west of the Seversky Donets to lick their wounds, including the entirety of the 1st Guards Tank Army. That's about 20% of Russia's total combat power in Ukraine. UK MoD expects them to take up blocking positions to prevent further eastward expansion.

Speculation is that the eastward drive will likely turn southeast, potentially moving towards Balakliya. This could relieve some pressure on Ukrainian forces defending against the drive from Izyum (which has slowed considerably anyway).

... and without trying to be too crass, possession is 9/10 of the law anyway.
Can I say, that China is very appreciative about yours and Graugeist's opinion and conviction towards freedom of passage and access towards controlled/possessed waters?

Being the USA, I would be very concerned at the least about Turkey's disregard for the Montreux Convention - especially if hindering NATO war-vessels from traveling to other threatened NATO countries. and being the USA I couldn't give a rats ass about Turkeys - unproven - claim of fearing an imminent war with Russia. Since the Baltic states are far closer to Russia and are willing to support NATO respectively the Ukrainian government and even Finland willing to take the Russian threats by applying to join NATO.

Daily Intel and NATO surveillance has not come up with any indications about Russia preparing for a war with Turkey on or near it's border. (especially since they do not even share a common land border). And in words or in regards to possession of missiles, Putin has made already enough threats towards all those supporting the Ukraine.

Erdogan is just another lame dictator and war-criminal helping Putin to solidify Russia's naval advantage in the Black Sea.

Nuff said, and I will retire now from this specific topic......

Users who are viewing this thread