"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Regarding Turkey objecting to the accession of Finland and Sweden to NATO:

ISTANBUL, May 14 (Reuters) - Turkey has not shut the door to Sweden and Finland joining NATO but wants negotiations with the Nordic countries and a clampdown on what it sees as terrorist activities especially in Stockholm, President Tayyip Erdogan's spokesman said on Saturday.

"We are not closing the door. But we are basically raising this issue as a matter of national security for Turkey," Ibrahim Kalin, who is also the president's top foreign policy advisor, told Reuters in an interview in Istanbul.

Erdogan surprised NATO members and the two Nordic countries seeking membership by saying on Friday it was not possible for Turkey to support enlarging the alliance because Finland and Sweden were "home to many terrorist organisations".

[...]

Kalin said the militant Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) - designated a terrorist organisation by Turkey, the United States and the European Union - was fund-raising and recruiting in Europe and its presence is "strong and open and acknowledged" in Sweden in particular.

"What needs to be done is clear: they have to stop allowing PKK outlets, activities, organisations, individuals and other types of presence to...exist in those countries," Kalin said.

One can only "if this Marshall plan 2.0" will happen, implement such a trillion $ investment into a peaceful and stable running country.
Yes and true. But i do think momentum for this, is in Ukraines benefit. Sure, more then a few euros will get into wrong hands but that is not more then in Europa or the Usa. Besides that, i do have faith in a people that defend themself in a grinding war. Changes will not be unthinkable, even by passing the local maffia is in order. Ukraine is backed for the rebuild. It will be a rich nation. For all of them

An interesting piece from the BBC.
They have verified the deaths of approx. 2,600 Russian officers and men. What I find interesting is that only three of them are from Moscow. Putin is playing very clever game to keep any criticism away from the public eye.

Up to this moment BBC News Russian has been able to verify the deaths of 2,336 Russian servicemen. We have been able to establish their names, ranks and military units where they served.

This is nearly twice the latest official figure released by the Russian Defence Ministry in March.

It is likely that the real figure of the Russian military in Ukraine is far higher than we have been able to establish. But our data analysis helps to see the trends of what is happening with the Russian army fighting in Ukraine.

Nearly 20% of all confirmed military casualties are officers. This proportion has remained unchanged for the past three months. Experts say that Russian officers may have to risk more on the frontline because of persistent problems with communications.

Over 25% of all losses are paratroopers and marines. These units are often used in reconnaissance and storming operations. However they often don't get enough operational support and evacuation opportunities for the wounded.

Most of the casualties, confirmed by us, came from the least developed and economically deprived regions of Russia. There are only three confirmed deaths of servicemen from Moscow, even though the capital makes up almost 9% of the Russian population.

Ukrainian authorities now say that nearly 27,000 Russian soldiers have been killed.

KYIV/BEZRUKY, Ukraine, May 14 (Reuters) - Ukrainian forces have launched a counteroffensive near the Russian-held town of Izium in eastern Ukraine, a regional governor said on Saturday, in what could prove a serious setback for Moscow's plans to capture the entire Donbas region.

Russian forces have focused much of their firepower on the Donbas in a "second phase" of their invasion that was announced on April 19, after they failed to reach the capital Kyiv from the north in the early weeks of the war.

But Ukraine has been retaking territory in its northeast, driving the Russians away from the second-largest Ukrainian city of Kharkiv. Keeping up pressure on Izium and Russian supply lines will make it harder for Moscow to encircle battle-hardened Ukrainian troops on the eastern front in the Donbas.

One has to start somewhere. A ceasefire is a start - it is not the finish. The alternatives are increasing the support for Ukraine which while maybe desirable will also risk escalating things. I appreciate the passion involved here but when one is in the actual 'hot seat' of making policy decisions the perspectives are somewhat different - one has to think with one's brains rather than 'balls' and sometimes one is left choosing between a bunch of bad solutions.

LLoyd Austin is a total idiot. Dumb ass wants to give the Ukraine away to Putin because he hasn't got the brains that God gave a p!ss ant. Demand that Russia leaves the Ukraine instead of kissing Moscow butt.
Well, maybe if the previous regime in Washington hadn't been so busy kowtowing to Moscow and looking for political favours from Ukraine this could have been avoided.

Maybe they've swallowed too much of their own propaganda and some believe they're dealing with untermenschen.
"Those ragtag colonials will never stand up to a real army."
That's probably it: The problem with propaganda like that is that the people who circulated it sometimes end up believing their own nonsense.

I even blame Erdogan for the declining quality of Döner Kebabs in Germany.
I've never had a Döner Kebab, though I was told it was an ancestor to the Gyro, which means it's gotta be good. Do they use a yogurt garlic sauce like Tzatziki on it?

There was this Turkish sauce called Cacik that tasted just like Tzatziki at this restaurant (unfortunately it went under). Since I'm of Greek descent, I NEVER EVER used a credit card and did everything in cash LOL

Last edited:

100 times better than a gyro…

It uses a similar sauce, but still quite different.

And seriously, I'm going to move all this to the food thread.

Well, maybe if the previous regime in Washington hadn't been so busy kowtowing to Moscow and looking for political favours from Ukraine this could have been avoided.
POTUS44 did nothing to help Ukraine when Russia forcibly took Crimea. The last administration to stand up to Moscow was POTUS40. After that the Administration in Washington has been too distracted by the WoD, WoT, ops to secure Arab oil, and domestic culture wars to care about Moscow's foreign ops.

I agree with what you stated, but that is not the point I was trying to make.
But that in order for the EU and the USA to commit to such a huge "investment" the country (Ukraine) can't be at war.

I don't think Ukraine was held to any high esteem with the NATO powers until President Zelenskyy made his stand.
Except by the Biden family? - if what I read in the "US Media" during the last election is true - and Trump was always trying to point that out.
Zelenskyy rise to power is very likely a Biden "creation"

And Admiral Beez, that Potus 44 did nothing - I see that very differently. It was during his administration that Ukrainian troops started to receive widespread training in Germany via the US Armed Forces and also received weaponry - during Trumps term this process was effectively continued, and provided essentially the basis for a capable Ukrainian Army that therefore managed to route Putin's forces around Kiev and the Sumy region.

Biden from what I know (but I might be wrong) even encouraged further spending and enlarging this "cooperation"

So basically it seems clear to me, that all 3 US administrations since 2015 were clearly bolstering Ukraine's forces against likely further aggression by Putin.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread