"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I notice you didn't answer my question.
Sorry I didn't notice that question of yours as such

Off course any sovereign nation has the right to determine it's own foreign policy - but that wasn't our topic
But you stating wrongly that there was no cooperation and interaction, but neutrality by Ukraine towards NATO before 2014 as being a "fact"

As for NATO, we've been around this one before. NATO does not have any mandate to protect nations who are not signatories to the agreement. Yes, NATO could, in theory, act outside its borders but that requires a mandate from the UN,...which leads us back to my previous point.
Didn't bother Clinton and NATO in regards to Serbia at all !!! an action that was never sanctioned or endorsed by the UN
It would also play right into Putin's narrative of NATO being an offensive threat to Russia.
Who cares about Putin's theoretical rants in 2015 ? but one (politicians) needs to make sure that he can't make them happen in e.g. February 2022

Last edited:
Didn't bother Clinton and NATO in regards to Serbia at all !!! an action that was never sanctioned or endorsed by the UN

Who cares about Putin's theoretical rants in 2015 ? but one (politicians) needs to make sure that he can't make them happen in e.g. February 2022
Explain in clear and concise language, why NATO was involved in Serbia.

We'll wait for your detailed explanation.

I'm getting tired of this merry-go-round. We've been over this before. Serbia isn't Russia and an internal civil war is not the same as an aggressive invasion of a sovereign nation. They are different situations and they require different approaches...unless, again, you think this stuff is just so easy.

Again with the retrospectroscope. Putin's rants in 2015 were only proved to be theoretical AFTER the passage of time. When the rants were made, people had to take them at face value and make decisions based upon them.

Since you got your own opinions, read it up yourself
I know exactly why NATO was involved in the Serbia situation.

It was a response to an act of aggression.

What's interesting, is that you "claim" to be some sort of "advisor" and all I have seen so far, is a spectacular performance of circular propaganda bullshit.

If you're advising anyone, I pity their waste of money and time, unless you're in the employee of Russian interests.

If that's the case, please, carry on.

Off course any sovereign nation has the right to determine it's own foreign policy

Congratulations.

You have just confirmed that Russia is in breach of all acceptable international standards by trying to force sovereign nations, (such as)
  • Ukraine (Finland, Sweden etc) not to apply for membership of NATO, and
  • NATO not to accept Ukraine (and any other country Putin wants to subjugate) as a member, and for
  • Ukraine to be absorbed by Russia rather than remain a sovereign nation,
and therefore that all your crap is just that - crap. Solid brown coated foul smelling crap at that.

Off course any sovereign nation has the right to determine it's own foreign policy - but that wasn't our topic
But you stating wrongly that there was no cooperation and interaction, but neutrality by Ukraine towards NATO before 2014 as being a "fact"

So if a sovereign nation has the right to decide its own foreign policy, and decides to engage with cooperative engagements with whom it desires on a peaceful basis, is that a justification for another nation to invade it?

And that is indeed our topic, because you are here trying to explain Russia's invasion of Ukraine, which devolves directly upon Ukraine's willingness to cooperate with NATO while spurning Russia. That is one of Putin's prime justifications for his country's, ahem, not-an-invasion.

Further, I did not write that there was no cooperation nor interaction, simply that the nature of such interactions did not void Ukraine's neutrality.

So if a sovereign nation has the right to decide its own foreign policy, and decides to engage with cooperative engagements with whom it desires on a peaceful basis, is that a justification for another nation to invade it?

And that is indeed our topic, because you are here trying to explain Russia's invasion of Ukraine, which devolves directly upon Ukraine's willingness to cooperate with NATO while spurning Russia. That is one of Putin's prime justification for his country's, ahem, not-an-invasion.

Further, I did not write that there was no cooperation nor interaction, simply that the nature of such interactions did not void Ukraine's neutrality.

Very well said. How is a nation supposed to remain neutral when, on the one hand, it sees an effective, defensive alliance based on rule of law and democratic values, while on the other it sees a dictatorship that's seeking to remove the nation's choice and freedom? I can't see any nation in the world viewing those polar opposites as somehow being of equivalent value and meriting the same response or equal treatment.

Remaining neutral does not mean one cannot have opinions and desires in a particular direction. Look at Sweden and Finland. Up until February 2022, both were staunchly neutral and yet both were democratic members of the EU. On the spectrum of democracy-vs-dictatorship, that's hardly neutral. The simple fact is Putin didn't like the direction Ukraine wanted to take, and so he attacked. There's no way to appease such aggression because Putin will just demand further concessions.

Very well said. How is a nation supposed to remain neutral when, on the one hand, it sees an effective, defensive alliance based on rule of law and democratic values, while on the other it sees a dictatorship that's seeking to remove the nation's choice and freedom? I can't see any nation in the world viewing those polar opposites as somehow being of equivalent value and meriting the same response.

My view is that so long as a nation doesn't take action against another nations, nor does it join an enemy bloc of that nation, nor does it violate the terms it has agreed upon about those blocs, it is still neutral.

The only thing Ukraine did to Putin's Russia is offend its sensibilities; nothing else. No NATO joining, no NATO forces on its turf, no belligerence. Putin's guy got outvoted, Putin got butthurt and decided to invade in 2014.

If that is a justification for invasion, where do we stop? If it is not a justification, why are we reading this tripe?

Congratulations.

You have just confirmed that Russia is in breach of all acceptable international standards by trying to force sovereign nations, (such as)
  • Ukraine (Finland, Sweden etc) not to apply for membership of NATO, and
  • NATO not to accept Ukraine (and any other country Putin wants to subjugate) as a member, and for
  • Ukraine to be absorbed by Russia rather than remain a sovereign nation,
and therefore that all your crap is just that - crap. Solid brown coated foul smelling crap at that.
I never said or stated anything else that would refute those 3 issues.
Read my posts: e.g. the very first when I mentioned the 2 options.
1.As I had mentioned already many times - anyone who has studied Putin, is fully aware about his Czarist agenda/policy. (meaning that Putin will not refrain from war options in
order to pursue his agenda).

Now keep your trap shut if all you can do is to ooze brown stuff - or switch to ignore if you can't control your comments.

Last edited:
I never said that and you know that I do not think that way - so why bring up that statement?
And that is indeed our topic, because you are here trying to explain Russia's invasion of Ukraine, which devolves directly upon Ukraine's willingness to cooperate with NATO while spurning Russia. That is one of Putin's prime justifications for his country's, ahem, not-an-invasion.
No, that was NOT my topic, but for politicians to choose a smart option to prevent such a scenario - and if it does happens, to posses the realistic means to go in immediately and not to end up as now.
No you did not - you stated: ....Russia invaded Ukraine before Ukraine abandoned neutrality. This is a fact.

Not what I read. The established media either ignored the stories or published along the lines of the cruiser Admiral Makarov has "reportedly" been sunk.

Basically established media published the same story as twitter (you would be amazed to know how much they feed from twitter or telegram channels), but with a significant delay and a generous use of the words "reportedly" "unconfirmed" "there is no evidence" and so on. As for later reporting it was false information, so did the twitter channels I follow (again with some advance versus established media), and I also reported those here.

You won't get that level of fact checking and almost contrition from Twitter posters. You do you, I'm not a Mod here, but I would argue that proliferation of misinformation, including purported combat footage from Twitter does no one any good.

As far as I know mods mission is not to apply censure on posters re their information sources, their mission is that we abide to the forum rules Terms and rules.
I don't consider either to have the right to tell others what sources they can post or not. If I think some post is false or fake or contains misleading information (and that includes established media) I say so or provide evidence its not true.

I never intentionally spread false or fake information, if that bothers you. I admit that I may have been fouled a couple of times, however most of the times you can find interesting info provided you follow people that tend to be reliable (which doesn't mean they are 100%). But the same is true with established media.

Honestly, I assume that people here are adults with brains. By making it evident that the source is twitter, which I never tried to hide since I always link to the twitter message instead of posting the vid or picture directly, I assume it is understood that the words "reportedly" and "unconfirmed" go with it. I don't think it's necessary to explicitly say that twitter info is "unconfirmed" every time someone posts from there.

Regards.

I notice you didn't answer my question.
I suggest you stop caring if your questions are answered. We have a right to ask and in return everyone has a right to ignore the questions, and the reason they ignore cannot be assumed to be acceptance or rejection of the questioner's position on something. I looked back on my posts and don't think I've ever once circled back to demand a reply to my posts.

Letting go leads to a much better mental state, but it takes willpower not to GAF when you're itching for an answer.

Last edited:
As posted on another thread, Renault has 'sold' its business in Russia for the princely sum of two roubles.
It seems Renault would rather take the hit than the bad publicity surrounding doing business in Russia.

Renault has the option of reentering the Russian market in the next six years.

The Russian government has now nationalised the Renault facilities and announced they will revive the old
Moskvitch car brand.

It may be that there will be a vehicle shortage in Russia as Renault supplied 20% of the market.
Building modern cars with the electronics required will probably be difficult which may mean a backward
step in car production (especially electronics) compared to what most would call a modern vehicle.

From revolution to devolution ?

Since you got your own opinions, read it up yourself
Good for you - then why ask silly questions?

86480C1E-3EA9-4CC8-8E5B-6221AA936249.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back