"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for posting, very very interesting.

I also found this sentence very insightful also, regarding the airborne assault on Antonov airport:

"The phrase "take the city with one airborne regiment in two hours""

Looks like the ukrainians take note of this but not the russians themselves.

Rather curious that such a free verse could be alive and making such public statements un Uncle Vlad world.

That's the difference between them and the Russians. They're fighting for the survival of their country while Russia is "denazifying". To a Russian troop theirs no bin laden or Hitler who can be used as motivation to fight against.
Indeed. Here's a Russian army ad. It's nothing about love of country, family and fighting for your fellow countrymen, but instead it's bravado and kicking enemy ass. I choose the former, thanks.

An excellent article whch was written before the combat started. My favourite parts are: -
  • By the way, the Ukrainian crews of the anti-aircraft missile forces (by no means Georgian ones) significantly pinched the Russian Air Force during the 2008 conflict. After the first day of hostilities, the leadership of the Russian Air Force was in frank shock from the losses incurred. And you shouldn't forget about it
  • As for the weakest point of the Armed Forces of Ukraine - the Air Force. It cannot be ruled out that the collective West may, in a fairly short time, supply Kyiv with fighters, as they say, from the presence of the armed forces - in other words, second-hand. However, this second-hand, in terms of its tactical and technical characteristics, will be quite comparable with the majority of aircraft in the Russian fleet. Whilst this hasn't happened it shows a high regard for the second hand NATO fighters presumably mainly F15 and F16
  • It should be noted that this is likely to be the case. However, in the event of Russia's invasion, this does not at all rule out massive assistance to the Armed Forces of Ukraine from the collective West with a wide variety of weapons and military equipment and bulk deliveries of all kinds of materiel. In this regard, the West has already shown a consolidated position, unprecedented until now, which, it seems, was not predicted in Moscow
  • Experts are convinced that the urban environment helps the defenders, slows down the movement of the attackers, allows you to place a record number of fighters per unit area, and compensates for the lag in forces and technologies. And in Ukraine there are more than enough large cities, including those with a million inhabitants. So the Russian army in the course of a hypothetical war with Ukraine may meet with far more than just Stalingrad and Grozny.
  • In general, there will be no Ukrainian blitzkrieg. The statements of some experts such as "The Russian army will defeat most of the units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in 30-40 minutes", "Russia is able to defeat Ukraine in 10 minutes in the event of a full-scale war", "Russia will defeat Ukraine in eight minutes" have no serious grounds.

If I were Putin I would sack all my present advisors and give this guy the job, lets hope he doesn't.

Say what you will about McDonald's food (horrible FYI), the coffee is ok.

Deja vu.

Say what you will about McDonald's food (horrible FYI), the coffee is ok.
It's true, and much better than what used to be our most popular brand, Tim Hortons.

As for Russia….

If his heart is strong enough.

Do we know how many Russian troops these defenders pinned down? I think that would be the only Ukrainian metric for military success in this story. Obviously the morale boost of their staunch defense is a benefit, though much more intangible.
Allegedly, from 12,000 to 20,000 RF troops were tied up in Mariupol until the end of April/early May. Not counting the air force.

Weren't the Russians incinerating countless bodies? It's still going to be hard to cover up all the dead from both sides even if most of the Russian losses are from Russia's poorest regions.

By the way, the Ukrainian crews of the anti-aircraft missile forces (by no means Georgian ones) significantly pinched the Russian Air Force during the 2008 conflict.
I like this one "not Georgians", so typical. Whenever they have their nose blooded, they pretend that it was not the opponent (who was so weak and insignificant) but someone else in the background. Actually, there were Ukrainian experts but they worked along with Georgian crews.
After the Winter War, Stalin said in his famous speech: "we defeated not just Finns - that was not a big deal. We defeated the equipment, tactics and strategy of the most developed countries of Europe."

McDonalds system for franchising is clever. Buy the property then franchise. The property is then paid for under the franchise.

McDonalds could stop bothering with the business altogether and they are still way in front. The brands main advantage is that
it has allowed McDonalds to buy prime real estate in nearly every major city on the planet.

McDonalds is the largest private real estate owner in the World with over 30 billion dollars of land.

Another snippet - McDonalds makes the most profit on soft drinks and chips (fries).

Users who are viewing this thread

• GTX