"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I didn't know that "Gorby" was still alive.
He's the second oldest living Russian leader by far, bested only by the 96 y/o Vyacheslav Molotov.

Boris Yeltsin, died 2007, aged 76
Vladimir Ivashko, died in 1994 aged 62
Konstantin Chernenko died in 1985 aged 73
Yuri Andropov died 1984 aged 69
Leonid Brezhnev died 1982 aged 75
Nikita Khrushchev died 1971 aged 77
Joseph Stalin died 1953 aged 74
Nikolay Krestinsky died 1938, aged 54

In October Putin will be 70. If he makes it to 75 it'll be unexpected, especially with his apparent illness.

How many fighters? Which models? Where do they come from?

I bet Ukraine could do wonders with a some squadrons of PAC JF-17s. It was in contention before the war.

Yeah, this is turning comical. Replacing Soviet equipment with cheap Chinese knock-offs.
Better still, destroying Russian targets with Soviet knock-offs made in a Communist country.

If that's not the ultimate in irony, I don't know what is.

HELSINKI, May 18 (Reuters) - Finland and Sweden will buy portable firearms and anti-tank weapons together, Finland's defence ministry said on Wednesday, as the two Nordic country's handed in their applications to join the Western military alliance NATO.

The two countries will step up their cooperation in defence procurement by Finland joining an agreement to acquire anti-tank weapons from Swedish weapons maker Saab Dynamics, a subsidiary of Saab (SAABb.ST), the ministry said.

Finland's defence minister Antti Kaikkonen also authorised preparations for a joint purchase of small fire arms including assault rifles, shotguns and arms for personal protection, the ministry said.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine prompted Finland and Sweden to apply to join NATO.

Driving nations against it was probably not Putin's goal.

"HATE",? certainly not

NEW DELHI — High in the Himalayas, an enormous fistfight erupted in early May between the soldiers of China and India. Brawls at 14,000 feet along their inhospitable and disputed frontier are not terribly unusual, but what happened next was.

A few days later, Chinese troops confronted Indian soldiers again, this time at several other remote border points in the Himalayas, some more than 1,000 miles apart. Since then both armies have rushed in thousands of reinforcements. Indian analysts say that China has beefed up its forces with dump trucks, excavators, troop carriers, artillery and armored vehicles and that China is now occupying Indian territory.

No shots have been fired, as the de facto border code dictates, but the soldiers have fought fiercely with rocks, wooden clubs and their hands in a handful of clashes. In one melee at the glacial lake Pangong Tso, several Indian troops were hurt badly enough that they had to be evacuated by helicopter, and Indian analysts said Chinese troops were injured as well.

Nobody thinks China and India are about to go to war. But the escalating buildup has turned into their most serious confrontation since 2017 and may be a sign of more trouble to come as the world's two most populous countries increasingly bump up against each other in one of the bleakest and most remote borderlands on earth.

While "hate" may be a strong word, "tension" seems fairly appropriate.

Yeah, this is turning comical. Replacing Soviet equipment with cheap Chinese knock-offs.
It will not be JF-17 for sure -this airplane is using RD-93 engine made by orcs and avionics made in PRC. It means seling it to Ukraine is highly, highly improbable. Above all prgress in relation to Mig-29 and Su-27 in Ukrainian inventory will be marginal at best. Personally i will not be surprised if they will be supplied with surplus JAS-39C/D.

It will not be JF-17 for sure -this airplane is using RD-93 engine made by orcs and avionics made in PRC. It means seling it to Ukraine is highly, highly improbable. Above all prgress in relation to Mig-29 and Su-27 in Ukrainian inventory will be marginal at best. Personally i will not be surprised if they will be supplied with surplus JAS-39C/D.
Those where prewar plans. The war changed everything. So far they are being provided with surplus or retired Migs or "mig parts", however I guess they will run out fast.
Total production of JAS-39 < 300, not many surplus around.

The only viable option is surplus F-16, total production was almost 5000, I guess surplus F-16 are much more abundant. And some countries are already replacing them.
A few weeks ago I read unconfirmed rumours that a selected group of Ukranian pilots where already training on F-16s, but haven't seen any evidence since then.

Some evidence of purges going on.
According to UK Defence Intel, two Russian senior commanders were "suspended" due to their poor performance in Ukraine.

FTGe2w4WIAUBBRm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back