"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm not big on punishing individuals based solely on their nationality rather than their behavior. It's one thing to sanction businesses and the individuals who aid and abet this series of war crimes, but the concept of collective guilt -- in this case based solely on nationality -- has some ugly echoes from history.

In addition, it's probably impossible to implement...how do you get these people back to Russia when all flights between Russia and the west have been cancelled? How much would it cost to track down people who go into hiding? Who pays for the flights and the roundup operation? The taxpayers?

Finally, such evictions would do NOTHING to influence Putin. He doesn't care about people.

In short, evictions won't have any desired impact on Russian political and financial leaders. I also agree that it paints all Russians as enemies when that's simply not the case...and that's a dangerous precedent. As Sting said, Russians love their children too:

Last edited:
If they are already having logistic issues, the deeper the convoy goes in the further away they are from their supply lines. Finland targeted the Soviet mobile kitchens, I'd think targeting the fuel trucks would work well.
ukrainians today have shown field rations issued to russian's troops -expired 2015. If i may suggest something to ukrainian soldiers - after lunch your enemyies are in bushes....

I'm not big on punishing individuals based solely on their nationality rather than their behavior. It's one thing to sanction businesses and the individuals who aid and abet this series of war crimes, but the concept of collective guilt -- in this case based solely on nationality -- has some ugly echoes from history.

Well said, and spot on!

This whole campaign is demonstrating to the world just how shoddy the Russian military has become. Expired rations, no fuel for the trucks and tanks, jeez. I wonder if their nuclear arsenal would even work - not that I want to see that tested!

Expired rations are probably found in every military. The MREs I had in the Army were past due as well. So were the rations we had from the British when we were on a multi-week training excercise. They are stockpiled in huge amounts in warehouses for when they are needed, so they go past their dates. If you wait to buy them until you need them, you cause supply issues, and your troops starve.

Rations are so pasteurized and treated that they last for years and years past their date.

The dates are are recommendations only. Consider them "best used by" dates.

Expired rations are probably found in every military. The MREs I had in the Army were past due as well. So were the rations we had from the British when we were on a multi-week training excercise. They are stockpiled in huge amounts in warehouses for when they are needed, so they go past their dates. If you wait to buy them until you need them, you cause supply issues, and your troops starve.

Rations are so pasteurized and treated that they last for years and years past their date.

The dates are are recommendations only. Consider them "best used by" dates.
When my uncle was a conscript soldier in Spain (early 80s) he saw frozen meat from Peron's Argentina (guess the second sting, mid 70s).

Economic crisis doubtlessly was a reason but the need for stock was the main one.

NATO has a BMD network in place across Europe.

Over the years, the Russians have whined about Europe's defense system, claiming that it's "aggressive" and "concerning" to Russia's security.

In other words, Moscow hates anything that's a deterrent to aggression.

It's straight out of the Soviet playbook...with it's scary similarity to Orwell's "1984" (Ministry of Truth, anyone?).

Only Russia could call a defensive treaty (NATO) and defensive systems (BMD) "aggressive". It's part of the "opposite world" which the Russian leadership inhabit.

Last edited:
I have to wonder about the reports of Russia's troops being out of fuel. Isn't that part of what this war is about, oil?

Russia sells oil all over Europe and the US, so why would there be shortages of such a commodity? A person would think they have plenty of oil to be used, and that such a vital commodity would be readily available to them.

I have to wonder about the reports of Russia's troops being out of fuel. Isn't that part of what this war is about, oil?

Russia sells oil all over Europe and the US, so why would there be shortages of such a commodity? A person would think they have plenty of oil to be used, and that such a vital commodity would be readily available to them.

But you have to get the right stuff at the point of need. It's the classic "last mile" problem. Yes, I may have gas stations all over Europe that could provide fuel...but can I get that to the Russian forces in the front line...or to the convoy BEFORE it runs out of fuel.

This was post some pages earlier. Is a very insightful read and explain a lot of the russian logistical problems:

^^^^^^^ Understood completely, but surely, SURELY, the Russians thought this through, and planned for such matters. I would have, and I'm just a four-year infantryman, not a logistics goober. Surely they'd have planned this stuff better, or, it's all propaganda............................................. You literally cannot trust anything you hear or read about, from any sources, these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back