"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (7 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The US has never participated in a meeting of the Convention on Cluster Munitions, even as an observer. And the US has continuously refused to agree to the ban.

The US still has a "large number" (180,000+) of M26 series cluster munition rockets in stock. Cluster munition warheads are still considered the primary warhead for the MLRS, although the US is building up a stock (50,000+ currently) of (200 lb) unitary warheads for the M31 GMLRS (the GPS guided rocket).

Incidentally, from Wiki: "One M270 firing 12 M26 rockets would drop 7728 bomblets, and one MLRS battery firing 108 rockets had the equivalent firepower of 33 battalions of cannon artillery."

Last edited:
Nice try, tovarisch.

"The invasion happened on a Thursday and by the next day, Elon had called together a meeting and said, 'I want to get Starlink up over Ukraine,'" said Butow of the U.S. Defense Innovation Unit.
"By Sunday, the link was active. By Monday, 500 ground terminals showed up in Ukraine. By Wednesday of that week, all but 25 of those terminals were alive and providing real-time data," he added. "That's commercial speed. That's amazing."

here is serious question in context of MLRS/HIMARS delivery - what is available quantity of ammunition - in bold, but stupid move, west signed for cluster ammunition ban,as result only in germany 150k pcs of MLRS ammunition have been liquidated
I didn't perceive a question above whatsoever. Here's one, where's the question?

Hope you get your stipend in dollars rather than rubles, tovarisch.

Whatever you're smoking, I want a kilo.

Honestly, I don't particularly like Musk, much less think he's as brilliant as he likes to pretend, but I'll grant him this and be glad for it.

I didn't perceive a question above whatsoever. Here's one, where's the question?
ok here is one - will MLRS be another case in Gepard style?, other one is more general, if high tech only approach is affordable means of conducting warfare? final one is about NATO readiness level to response in a case of full scale conflict?

Funny how Putin goes for a cherry-picking expedition for his "history lesson".

Well before Peter the Great, there was the Kievan Rus - which is where Russia eventually came from.

So it appears Zelensky knows his history better than Putin, who either doesn't know or chooses not to.

final one is about NATO readiness level to response in a case of full scale conflict?
Full scale conflict outside of nuclear winter. I think if you'd asked this in Jan 2022 most would say that NATO is not ready to deal with the huge and powerful Russian conventional forces. We all assumed that the Russians knew their sh#t and had quality, well maintained kit. But damn, these guys couldn't even roll over an ill-equipped and unprepared Ukraine in the early days. Imagine Russia today, whilst still held up in the Donbas trying to march into Poland - Jesus, whomever comes, they're all dead.

If the Russians go full scale conflict, presumably rolling tanks, missiles, artillery and bomber aircraft into Poland and the Baltic Reps in order to cut off weapons and supplies to Ukraine, thus tripping Article 5, they might as well go full monty and send their SSNs to attack West's undersea cables and strike the merchant ships transporting US tanks across the Atlantic. Damn, within a month there won't be a Russian navy or air force to speak of. Russia is using 1980s tech against 2022's NATO. Russia was supposed to counter this technological imbalance with huge numerical advantage... but nowadays numbers can't beat smarts.

Users who are viewing this thread