"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Another bit of news, rather bizarre in my opinion.

"The famine will start now and they will lift the sanctions and be friends with us, because they will realize that it's impossible not to be friends with us," said Kremlin propagandist Margarita Simonyan during the Petersburg Economic Forum.

DF1MG9A.gif

What a russian BS. Again - why should Ukraine recapture this small island. With their limited forces on hand the island has currently no value for them. Plus there are too many nice targets in the air and in the water trying to get there almost every day.
Let the enemy keep it and wait for his next target ship/helo to come by
Snake Island is quite a strategic bit of real estate.

Panzerhaubitze 2000 in Ukraine.
Minister of defence Oleksei Reznikov:
"This is already the 6th type of 155-mm artillery that has strengthened our defenses. Our soldiers are already striking the enemy with M777, FH70, M109, AHS Krab and Ceasar. From now on, Ph2000 has joined the club.
As always, the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, General Valeriy Zaluzhnyi will use them on the battlefield with 100% efficiency."

There seems to be some good reliable reports that the Ukraine forces have sunk a tug boat which was supplying the Snake Island forces, using a Harpoon.

What I find interesting is that the Russian Navy were using a basically unarmed vessel in such a dangerous area. The Captain and crew must have known that if discovered their chances of surviving were low to negligible.

There seems to be some good reliable reports that the Ukraine forces have sunk a tug boat which was supplying the Snake Island forces, using a Harpoon.

What I find interesting is that the Russian Navy were using a basically unarmed vessel in such a dangerous area. The Captain and crew must have known that if discovered their chances of surviving were low to negligible.

Russian logistics at work again!

The Vasily Bekh was more than a tugboat. During normal operations, it's a rescue and salvage ship.

It's size and design made it ideal for ferrying supplies, troops and munitions - perhaps not the smartest thing to be doing in a war zone.

But then again, considering alot of what the Russians have done during this "special operation", I'm not surprised...

Yep. But currently more important to have enemy vehicles leave their safe zone around Crimea and trying to reach Snake island for a nice turkey shoot.

A target-magnet can be a good thing. The Ukrainians are fighting for their lives in the Donbas, so trying to take the island would seem further down the to-do list anyway. And as long as the Russians are offering up targets that can be hit by assets not useful in the Donbas, it seems like a good calculus to me.

KYIV, June 21 (Reuters) - Russian forces have captured several settlements near the embattled cities of Lysychansk and Sievierodonetsk in the Luhansk region, the regional governor and Ukraine's general staff said on Tuesday.

Luhansk Governor Serhiy Gaidai told Ukraine's national broadcaster that Russian forces had captured the settlement of Toshkivka to the south of Sievierodonetsk, confirming previous reports.

"Unfortunately, the enemy threw at it huge amounts of armaments and soldiers and captured Toshkivka," Gaidai said.

Russian-backed separatist forces in Ukraine claimed on Monday to have taken Toshkivka.

[...]

Ukraine's general staff said in its daily report that Russian forces had also captured the settlements of Pidlisne and Myrna Dolyna, located to the south of Lysychansk.

Obviously aiming at encirclement. Can the Ukrainians hold?

I noticed a side story incidental to the Ukrainian news, which said any one in Victoria who displays a swastika will be arrested. Are models on a shelf safe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back