"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Poor little dead b*stard. Just proves what a society of douchebags they have there. The only real Fascists speak Russian and follow Der Putin.

When you buy the boat, you get the leaks, too. If you're not willing to die for your country, don't get draf uh, enlist.

They've gone beyond the evil of simply following orders from Moscow, from what I've read. The atrocities they've visited upon civilians came from somewhere more local.

They've gone beyond the evil of simply following orders from Moscow, from what I've read. The atrocities they've visited upon civilians came from somewhere more local.

Not necessarily. If Putin's orders were to depopulate Ukraine so the land could be backfilled by loyal Russians, then it very easily could result in the sorts of atrocities we've seen against civilians.

One has to wonder, mind you, about the sort of society that creates soldiers willing to commit such crimes...unless, of course, it's like the Stalin years where you followed orders or were shot. Lead poisoning can be a mighty big incentive.

Not necessarily. If Putin's orders were to depopulate Ukraine so the land could be backfilled by loyal Russians, then it very easily could result in the sorts of atrocities we've seen against civilians.

Very true, and I stand corrected. It could be a case of inferred "orders" rather than explicit directives. The whole "Won't someone remove this stone from my shoe?" dog-whistling.

One has to wonder, mind you, about the sort of society that creates soldiers willing to commit such crimes...unless, of course, it's like the Stalin years where you followed orders or were shot. Lead poisoning can be a mighty big incentive.

Governance in Russia has meant autocracy for many hundreds of years. You can't really underestimate the influence that has had not only on Russian society, but individual outlooks as well.

Of course, the USSR had guys like Solzhenitsyn and Sakharov, and modern Russia has lots of dissidents as well, so a definitive statement isn't going to be accurate. But I have to think that history of autocracy has to have left its stamp.

Sadly, it's what happens when you only read, or are fed, one perspective on an issue. That's why I'm so worried about things right now....people, somehow, have forgotten how to disagree in a civil manner. Any view that differs is "wrong" and the person who holds it is also "wrong" and therefore not worthy of consideration. It's not a giant leap from there to "enemies of the state."

Satellites can be jammed but it's chicken and egg in a way. F-35s and the like are made for blowing up such equipment. There are satellites which can use digital laser bursts to
send codes and don't use a radio signal.

As for large code breaking it takes a lot of computing power to do and with each aircraft having it's own code it would be extremely difficult even to crack one. After that you
would have to know what code to send as well.

NASA blocks literally thousands of attempts per day to enter it's systems, mostly made by one country with thousands of programmers working on the attempts.

I'm sure the US military has very good systems inlace and is always working on better ones. At least I hope they are otherwise it could be like the Enigma system
was for the Germans in WWII.

I agree it is an ongoing problem but should it enhance the capabilities of an aircraft to hit it's targets then it is a risk that has to be taken.

I don't know if to laugh about Darth Putin tweet, be furious about the lies of the RTV or feel Pitt about those parents that maybe even belive that.

Probably the three of them but not sure of the dominant one
As a person of Russian ancestry I have one more feeling which is the dominant indeed... Shame. For the nation that has chosen the path of hatred and aggression.

Users who are viewing this thread