"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A bit on US refining capacity:

And a big cause in the reduction of refining capacity was the loss of a Louisiana facility due to Hurricane Ida, plus multiple other refineries shut during the Covid pandemic due to reduced demand. Many of those were closed permanently, which seems a little bizarre...unless they were too costly to re-start or they had old equipment that was too expensive to replace.

Last edited:
And go back to 2008 when gas prices were about as bad as they are today (once you factor in inflation). We weathered that storm. Yes, things are different now...but humans are remarkably resilient and adaptive to changing situations. Maybe we will see US production of fossil fuels increase....stranger things have happened.

California has just extended its Nuc electrical supply despite all the greenies there so expanded petroleum production is highly likely. Being self sufficient should always be a consideration for governments.

And a big cause in the reduction of refining capacity was the loss of a Louisiana facility due to Hurricane Ida, plus multiple other refineries shut during the Covid pandemic due to reduced demand. Many of those were closed permanently, which seems a little bizarre...unless they were too costly to re-start or they had old equipment that was too expensive to replace.
According to the Reuters article, a number had been or are in the process of converting to biodiesel.

Russia had close to 900 T80 and T90 tanks in service a few months ago.

About 3000 T80 are in storage and yet to be upgraded to the latest model with 200 or more in storage as well.

The problem with artillery, tanks, AA launchers and so on is Russia has to have a decent amount in reserve to cover other
possibilities for conflict such as the borders with Finland and Poland among others. This will run things fairly thin as production
is being strangled and doesn't seem to have been very efficient for some time anyway.

Do they have 9000+ trained crewmen to operate those reserve T-80s?

We always talk here about how a good pilot can often fight with a subpar airplane better than a rookie can fight his better bird. Just as with airplanes, tanks have the same issue -- the equipment may be great, but if the crew cannot take advantage of its superiority, the tank and its crew may still be at a disadvantage.

I cannot help but think that this piece of news, says more than the words.

'My time has come': Chechen warlord Ramzan Kadyrov says he wants to quit

Your average warlord would want to be in charge when victory is complete, their legacy enshrined and history in their own area written.

Working on the assumption that he has access to more information than any of us. To decide its time to leave just when things are potentially going south, has the sound of rats leaving a sinking ship. His father did a similar thing so maybe its in the blood, look after no 1 and to hell with everyone else

I cannot help but think that this piece of news, says more than the words.

'My time has come': Chechen warlord Ramzan Kadyrov says he wants to quit

Your average warlord would want to be in charge when victory is complete, their legacy enshrined and history in their own area written.

Working on the assumption that he has access to more information than any of us. To decide its time to leave just when things are potentially going south, has the sound of rats leaving a sinking ship. His father did a similar thing so maybe its in the blood, look after no 1 and to hell with everyone else
If Lukashenko makes a similar announcement Putin is well and truly kippered. He is a mental case clearly….

Last edited:
This sounds like a bold UAF attempt, if true.

Maybe these guys?

I heard about this earlier today. I'm inclined to think it's Russian agitprop, aimed at pinning any potential blame upon these "attacks".

Latest MOD daily update, which looks as if the financial issues are starting to hit home.

Remember - Rule No 1 of any dictatorship, pay the army and pay them well

1662278592710.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back