"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Interesting analysis:

The threat by Putin's Chechnyan puppet is interesting. I also liked the closing reference to Putin opening a huge ferris wheel in Moscow. What this article fails to mention is that the event wasn't viewed favourably across Russia, with comments like (and I paraphrase) "We shouldn't be celebrating and letting off fireworks when our people are dying."

It's also worth noting that the ferris wheel broke down shortly after it started operations. Perhaps symbolic of Putin's invasion of Ukraine?

You guys have inspired us with your valiant fight in the XX century, that contribution was invaluable.
Keep strengthening your part of the perimeter, the beast needs to be contained from all sides.
And I trust that $92 mln is spent for some good staff.

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are committing violence on their behalf." (George Orwell, Notes on Nationalism).

Possibly, although this aircraft is powered by 2 engines, it should have been able to stay airborne

Agreed, unless the pilot got distracted by the engine failure and allowed his speed to bleed off. That portion of the flight envelope can be tricky in any aircraft.

A review of the video has been posted on another thread, with a pundit claiming mid-air collision. I don't buy that because the lead aircraft was too far out in front for the two aircraft to have collided. I also don't think it was wake turbulence because the aircraft that crashed remained well to starboard of the lead until after it had already rolled and was heading earthwards.

The pundit video does show what appears to be a portion of the port wing of the rear aircraft bent downwards. I'm wondering if this was simply a structural failure? I know it would be incredibly rare, particularly in a supposedly rugged airframe like the Su-25. However, it would account for the roll to port, and such a failure could occur without any other visible indicators. The downside to this theory is the lack of wing debris after the failure.

Agreed, unless the pilot got distracted by the engine failure and allowed his speed to bleed off. That portion of the flight envelope can be tricky in any aircraft.
Agree, but at the same time I can't understand the continued slow turn to the crosswind.
Agree - I've actually done a two ship like this in the L29 (my instructor was in the back seat). Although we're talking flying a trainer; lighter, less powerful and with no external stores, the wake turbulence is not noticeable if you're along side the lead aircraft at his 45.
Good assessment!

Two questions for our resident tankers.

First: looking at this pic of russian equipment captured I noticed that the tank crew helmet is the same model that I got my hands on (albeit that one with NVG) as a young teenager some 30 years ago when going with my father to former USSR ships in Tenerife to be cambulloneros (BTW, the only ship I remember was named Khersones and was a school ship). Is the western tank crew equipment the same as 30 years ago?

Second: a soft helmet has any advantage over a hard one inside a tank?

I'm thinking that with the growing collapse of the Russian misadventures in Ukraine, could Putler get tempted to break out the nukes? Especially considering that a certain funeral would make a very major target for a decapitation strike...

RE: the Su-25 video.
Scrimping on scheduled service? How old are those things? Have Russian aircraft had scheduled structural component maintenance similar to western standards? I'm guessing no and I would say the same for their civil aviation.

Users who are viewing this thread