"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

English isn't my mother language but the bold part (my emphasis) I think is different enough than saying that they are the agressors.

Anyway, I'm done with this

Yes, I understand. I'm not attacking you or your english. I also understand what you are trying to say, and you are not wrong.

By the way, your English is just fine my friend.

The other driver was lucky. I imagine Zelenskyy's bodyguard are ready to shoot to kill.

KYIV, Sept 15 (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday he understood China's Xi Jinping had concerns about the situation in Ukraine, a surprise acknowledgement of friction with Beijing over the war after a week of stunning Russian losses on the ground.

Since Russia's invasion, China has trod a careful line, criticising Western sanctions against Russia but stopping short of endorsing or assisting in the military campaign.

"We highly value the balanced position of our Chinese friends when it comes to the Ukraine crisis," Putin told Xi at their first meeting since the war began.

[...]

The Russian president's comments suggested a Chinese shift towards a more critical stance, in private at least. Ian Bremmer, political science professor at Columbia University, said they were the "first public sign of Putin recognizing pressure to back down".

"Russia has become a pariah to the G7 because of their invasion. China wants no part of that," he wrote on Twitter, referring to the Group of Seven leading industrialized nations.

[...]

In Kyiv, Ursula von der Leyen, the president of the European Commission, held talks with President Volodymyr Zelenskiy where she told him Ukraine's accession process to the European Union was well on track.

[...]

After a week of the fastest Ukrainian gains since the war's early weeks, Ukrainian officials said Russian forces were now fortifying defences and it would be hard for Kyiv's troops to maintain the pace of their advance.

[...]

Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova had earlier warned Washington to tread carefully, saying any decision to supply Kyiv with longer-range missiles for U.S.-made HIMARS systems would cross a "red line" and make the United States "a direct party to the conflict".

A couple of thoughts on the above article:

1) Xi almost certainly gave Putin the Chinese critique in polite but unmistakable language. Given that the Russians need to sell oil and buy chips etc, it looks to me like string-pulling. Reading between the lines, it looks like Putin got told.

2) The Ukrainians seem to not have sufficient reserves to exploit their victory fully. That's okay. They have almost certainly assured their survival through the winter (barring unforeseen calamity, of course), during which time Ukrainian pilots will greatly advance and perhaps complete their training on F-16s, as well as the military in general receive further tranches of advanced weaponry and munitions. And the morale in the Russian army must be execrable.

3) If Russia wants to pick a fight over America sending Ukraine ATACMS, fine. Let us know how that works out for you. Clearly those weapons are making a great impression upon Russian fighting forces, else they wouldn't be griping about them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back