"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Are the operational failure rates of the Su-35 mentioned above similar to Allied combat jets or they way above, say, what F-16 or Eurofighter units would have?

Are the operational failure rates of the Su-35 mentioned above similar to Allied combat jets or they way above, say, what F-16 or Eurofighter units would have?
"Operational failure rates." You have to define that better. Crashes? Aborts? Incidents that involve damage to aircraft? In the west it's very defined. In the US we break it down by "mishaps."

This was from a USN site but I'm sure it's similar to the USAF

Now with that defined, I doubt, based on sorties flown per capita in a non combat environment (which we will probably never have access to) and we've seen so far, the SU-35 has a safety record not comparable to the west. It's evident by the poor showing of the Russian AF, they are having issues with maintenance, sustainment and operations. The Russians aren't the only ones crashing Su-35s

Well, I didn't know how to ask it but you did answer my question. I just wanted to be sure before I laughed my ass off at the Russian aerospace industry.

I'm just going from the border of East coast China to the border of Guangxi Province. That jet travelled 579kms/360miles to reach the border

The report says "The Russian Investigative Committee - seen as similar to the FBI in Russia - is conducting a probe into the Saturday blast, say reports."

I know what their answer will be "Its the Azov team again".

Actually, they're conducting a criminal investigation into the breaking of flight regulations. Apparently the aircraft was on a test flight. I wonder if the crew went outside their briefed test plan?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread