"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I thought this was an interesting way to look at this issue:

Ukraine update: There's a good reason Ukraine hasn't gotten the most modern weapons

Interesting article, but any military will send equipment to the rear for refitting/repair while refreshed units are enroute to the front.
The issue with Ukraine is logistics and supply - their fronts are rapidly moving and trying to establish a forward repair depot would be preferable but would have to be stocked with a wide range of material and would also be well within range of Russian attack.

Sending equipment back to Poland, Romania or other countries keeps them out of harm's way while being refurbished.

Sharing this primarily for the awesome pic of the ZU-23/2 in action at the top of the article. Glad to see Western nations recognizing the need for more humanitarian support over the winter months.

NEW DELHI, Nov 29 (Reuters) - Moscow has sent India a list of more than 500 products for potential delivery including parts for cars, aircraft and trains, four sources familiar with the matter said, as sanctions squeeze Russia's ability to keep vital industries running.

The list, a version of which has been seen by Reuters in New Delhi, is provisional and it is unclear how many of the items will eventually be exported and in what quantity, but an Indian government source said the request was unusual in its scope.

India is keen to boost trade in this way, said the source, as it tries to narrow a ballooning trade deficit with Russia. Some companies have expressed concern, however, about potentially falling foul of Western sanctions.

An industry source in Moscow, who declined to be named because of the sensitivity of the issue, said Russia's Ministry of Industry and Trade asked large companies to supply lists of raw materials and equipment they needed.

The source added that further discussion would be needed to agree specifications and volumes and that the outreach was not limited to India.

NEW DELHI, Nov 29 (Reuters) - Moscow has sent India a list of more than 500 products for potential delivery
India would be nuts to fulfil any orders from Russia. Unlike with China, there's little the West needs to buy from India. If you want to lose all your trade in an instant, go ahead and sell to Russia. The world is choosing sides, and India doesn't want to be without friends when, after Russia's collapse, it's next West vs. China.

If I was India I'd instead be contacting Washington (or some neutral) to broker the sale of a thousand Indian-made Ajeya MBTs to Poland (through another neutral). These early T-72 analog-equipped variants will be very welcome in Poland, and nearby.

Last edited:

I'm not so sure the view from the Indian perspective is that dire, but I agree that it would be a big mistake.

Ukraine should be asking India for the same military parts and saying that post war they will only purchase goods from companies (or better countries) that aid them and not Russia during the war.

Nov 30 (Reuters) - Russia will pay special attention to building infrastructure for its nuclear forces in 2023, Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu said on Wednesday.

Shoigu said in televised comments that the Russia would also work to improve the combat capabilities of its missile forces and that facilities were being built to accommodate new missile systems. Russia has the largest stockpile of nuclear weapons in the world, with close to 6,000 warheads.

President Vladimir Putin has placed territory seized by Russia in Ukraine under Moscow's nuclear umbrella, warning that he is ready to defend Russia's "territorial integrity" by all available means. The United States says it has warned Russia over the consequences of any use of nuclear weapons.

It makes me wonder even more if current Russian threats aren't bluff? Perhaps they did a review and found problems?

Users who are viewing this thread