"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think the adjective "successfully" is implied. I can certainly understand the Polish discomfort with having Russia right on its border given the last 400 years of history, and if they thought Russia was winning out they would intervene -- at least that's how I read his comments.
I would agree with that. Poland and Russia have a long history and if heaven forbid Russia win then Poland striking whilst Russia is weak is an option

Operational tempo of Ukrainian artillery seems to be increasing over the last two to three days. Or at the very least, public reporting of Ukrainian artillery activity has increased in volume.

Pro-Ukrainain press and social media accounts have been showing a LOT of HIMARS strikes involving multiple launch vehicles. Sometimes there's 20+ missiles going off, directed at multiple targets.

Alongside this, there's more footage of long-range tube artillery fire on tanks and static sites (observed and corrected by drones). There's also more stuff from mortar teams (mostly 81mm and 82mm, so not exactly long range combat). This is being filmed from a mix of drones or static cameras (the latter usually indicating a height advantage).

There's also a lot of footage of infantry combat in and around Bakhmut and heavy vehicles and tracked armour getting stuck/bogged on muddy roads.

This has been a departure from recent weeks, where footage seemed to be concentrated on drones dropping bombs on armour, infantry using ATGMS, footage of infantry trench operations (both defensive and clearing) and lots of drone footage of Russian infantry being caught in the open.

For me, it signifies that Russian forward momentum is close to spent and that the front is due to enter a static or near static phase.

For me, it signifies that Russian forward momentum is close to spent and that the front is due to enter a static or near static phase.

ISW agrees that even Wagner forces, much less regular Russian army troops, have reached what they call "culmination" -- i.e. incapable of any more offensive combat power and likely therefore to stand on the defensive, with perhaps small-unit busywork to keep troops moving and Ukrainians troops occupied and/or tied down.

An American assessment of Ukrainian fighter pilots has revealed they would be ready to fly F-16 jets after fewer than six months of training, their commander has told The Times.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure (98-99%) the TB2 video is CGI. The reflection artifacts on the airframe surfaces and the prop blades are a giveaway, unless someone edited the video afterward in order to make it look like a CGI.

The video is CGI. Where is the video sensor on the TB2? It's certainly not sitting on top of the tail.

Stand by for at least 2 or 3 days of bromance news regarding the Xi-Putin meetings in Moscow. Here's a starter for ten, from the BBC (though I'm wondering if Xi is using the word "prosper" correctly):

Vladimir Putin has told Xi Jinping that he looked at China's proposals for a resolution of the Ukraine conflict (we reported on that earlier, here) and viewed them with respect. He also said they'd have "an opportunity to discuss this issue" during Xi's state visit.

Russian state TV is showing footage of the pair meeting at the Kremlin, with Putin being filmed telling his Chinese counterpart: "Dear friend, welcome to Russia."

"I know that you personally and all our Chinese friends... take a fair and balanced view of the majority of topical international issues," Putin goes on

Xi tells Putin their countries "should have close relations" before congratulating the Russian leader for his "strong leadership" which he says has allowed Russia to prosper, according to quotes by Reuters.

Xi says he's convinced Putin will have the support of the Russian people at next year's presidential election.

Thanks to your strong leadership, Russia has made significant progress in achieving the prosperity of the country in recent years. from President Xi Jinping
Thanks to your strong leadership, Russia has made significant progress in achieving the prosperity of the country in recent years.

Xi Jinping
I am sure that the Russian people will strongly support you in your good endeavours."

Xi Jinping
Putin has been Russia's president since 1999

The video is CGI. Where is the video sensor on the TB2? It's certainly not sitting on top of the tail.
There is a flight camera situated just under the peak of the "V" tail.

BMC3CY_TB2-z-bortovym-nomerom-72.jpg

Well, I stand corrected. My, this humble pie tastes AWFUL!!!!

I'm still not convinced the footage is real...but I would be "happy" to be proved wrong (AGAIN!). :)
lol @ awful.

Bayraktar action videos most often are taken from the gimbal feed, rarely from the flight Op's feed (which has the flight atitude/horizon graph shown) and is seen via the wide-angle lens, so the image is sort of "fish-eye".

The video is on funker530, which is really good for weeding out false vids. The analysis is good, too in that they suspect the Su-27 pilot couldn't tell if it belonged to Turkey or Ukraine, so they didn't down it in order to avoid another incident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back