"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

One Con that I haven't seen mentioned is that I cannot see a 100mm in a T55 penetrating any current Ukraine tank, and I include the T72 as well as the very small numbers of M1, Challenger and Leopard tanks in that thought. A T62 will probably have a chance against a T72 and Leopard 2a4 but only a chance. With all the other disadvantages of the T62 it is likely to be only a small chance.
My understanding is that Leopard II a5 upwards have better armour

Yep. I think I said something to that effect here a few weeks ago as well. You're absolutely right, I hope.

Ukraine is also receiving a batch of 100+ leopard 1 (i guess leopard 1A5). Considering the thin skin of Leo 1, they will probably penetrate each other easily.
Though, if the leos are up to the 1a5 standard, that means 80s technology. So they can probably fire earlier.

Anyway, as I said in previous posts, I don't expect too many tank vs tank combat. Most tanks will be killed by ATGMs, artillery and, in the case of minimally trained Russian crews, mines. We have actually seen a lot of tank kills by mines recently.

It may not be that he was directly given access to such but just happened to be there by accident - lax I know but often the stupidest things happen. It might also be that he was assisting/aiding someone from higher rank - happens all the time. In such a case, the higher person will also be in trouble. It doesn't excuse this moron from what he did taking photos and posting them though. He is still responsible for those crimes.
That is a good point. I have seen all too often that when people are immersed in such stuff all the time they can run the risk of becoming lax about it. I remember people printing out letters to landlords on Secret networks and also having to up brief subordinates because others officers couldn't keep their mouths shut when in earshot of those not cleared.

Last edited:
I saw it mentioned that this Airman had something to do with IT, so I suspect it's not a matter of his being cleared for a level of Intel access but rather him poking around on computers and/or servers where he didn't belong.
According to here:

With his role, he would have been responsible for accessing military communications networks and ensuring their protection.

The thought in my head is why would a junior member of the Air National Guard have a need to see this type of documentation. I would have expected that access would be strictly limited to people who need access to it for a purpose
The sweet sound of stable doors slamming way after the horse has gone

The Pentagon has also 'begun to limit who across the government receives its highly classified daily intelligence briefs,' CNN reported on Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread