"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (9 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I admire that you know so well the forces you must be prepared to content with, living where you live ... the fires and live geology .... more people should make honest appraisal of where they live ....
Earthquakes and Volcanoes are a real thing in California and it is (or at least used to be) taught here in school.

As it happens, the two are connected by plate tectonics - in Southern and Central California, earthquakes are caused by plate movement (usually centered half a mile to one and a half miles deep), however, here in Northern California, many earthquakes are caused by volcanism (centered five to twenty miles deep) and there is a huge difference between how the two types of quakes feel:
Plate slippage = swaying and/or rolling with no warning sound.
Volcanism = sort of sharp vibration with a distinct train-like rumbling sound heard 15/20 seconds before the quake hits.

Image 7-5-2023 at 4.58 am.jpg

Earthquakes and Volcanoes are a real thing in California and it is (or at least used to be) taught here in school.

As it happens, the two are connected by plate tectonics - in Southern and Central California, earthquakes are caused by plate movement (usually centered half a mile to one and a half miles deep), however, here in Northern California, many earthquakes are caused by volcanism (centered five to twenty miles deep) and there is a huge difference between how the two types of quakes feel:
Plate slippage = swaying and/or rolling with no warning sound.
Volcanism = sort of sharp vibration with a distinct train-like rumbling sound heard 15/20 seconds before the quake hits.

I lived in Paso Robles when the Coalinga quake hit in 1983. Though it was a classic strike/slip 'quake, there was indeed a rumbling sound prior to the temblor hitting Paso, about ten seconds of rumbling before the shaking if the ole memory is working right. I imagine that was a result of the distance from the epicenter (around 70 miles)? This was the earthquake where, looking down to the ground at just the right moment, I saw the leading waves pass through the back yard I was in. That was eerie.

I've been through several 'quakes at something of a distance (30-70 miles), but they were all the strike/slip variety. I've never experienced a 'quake resulting from vulcanism.

A single 2,000 man brigade with 14 Challenger 2s, 90 Strykers, 40 Marders and 24 M-119 towed howitzers. Wherever the 82nd Brigade goes there will be some ass kicking. As the article says, they'd better bring some bridging kit.

Last edited:
I've been through several 'quakes at something of a distance (30-70 miles), but they were all the strike/slip variety. I've never experienced a 'quake resulting from vulcanism.
The deeper the quake is centered, the more of a chance for preceeding sound.

Typical fault quakes are shallow (aboit a mile deep) and make noise during the event, though they can issue noise just before they hit if it's high magnitude (like around 6+) where deep origin quakes (five miles or better) will have a herald even if it's a 4 or higher on the richter scale.

It's real creepy, to be honest.

Regarding "HIMARS" and "Hacking" it, never underestimate both Russian and Chinese, Specially Russians. They have successfully hacked and landed your multi billion dollars "drones" intact, multiple times, previously.

If you don't remember, one of their puppet states, made a show with "captured" drones.

Can you catch me up. Has an earthquake occurred in Ukraine, or in anyway impacted the situation in Ukraine? What's the connection to this thread? Thanks.
The connection is to this post:
About their brains contents:

And while we're at it, what does this have to do with the current situation in Ukraine:

They weren't saying this the 1850s when Queen Victoria was on the throne. I expect they were cursing her name in Odessa and Sevastopol. But my enemy's enemy is my friend.

View attachment 719277

Not sure why you seem to always call me out for it, though.

The connection is to this post:
Untie those knickers, I genuinely wanted to know the earthquake connection and didn't want to go back through the thread. As for my post, we have the Ukrainians praising the British royals, which to me is historically significant and noteworthy, since in the past they might have been cursing them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back