"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm wondering if the AT missile was fired remotely. I couldn't see anyone moving away from the firing location, and I wouldn't expect the shooters to hang around.

There was/is such a thing as 'horizontal-action mines' back in the 1980s, where the 'mine' is actually an AT launcher that is controlled by mechanism that senses the vibrations, sound and - possibly, now in 21st century - by IR signature.

In the video, it seems like there was infantry weapons' fire on the column, too.

(on an unrelated note, we have the "Threadmarks" option now here)

Putin really does seem to be getting desperate. He's inviting Syrian sh!t pigs to join his invasion. If any get caught there, don't take them prisoner. Execute them where you find them.

Scenes of innocent civilians being killed by Russians pain me and anger me more all of the time. When I see a picture of a dead Russian I feel no more compassion for the dead POS than I do for a dead rat.

I can understand why people are angry as am I about the assault on Ukraine and the methods being used. Few can be in any doubt about the risk of Chemical weapons being used in the near future. Something I mentioned some time ago well before the press started talking about it.

However and I admit this is a personal view. To call the Russian dead Rats and other insulting comments is for me going too far. There is a very good chance that those Russians didn't want to be in the Ukraine any more than the people wanted them to be on their land. You can use any description you like for Putin and the leadership who make the decisions and give the orders.

I also recognise that there will be some of all ranks that commit atrocities but am confident that the vast majority of the troops on the ground would much rather go home.

Ukrainian AT missiles can indeed be fired remotely. I saw video of one instance a few days back where the control center was approx. 6 miles from the site of combat.
Stugna-P with remote control. Recent video:

After several shots and at least two targets destroyed, they dismounted and moved to another position.
But 6 miles is too much for Stugna-P. That control centre coordinated artillery, most probably.

Back to the more advanced weapons being considered to be given to the Ukraine forces. There seem to be serious discussions about supplying Starstreak AA missiles which are very effective, more so than the well regarded Stinger AA missile

They are both faster and have a longer range than the Stinger and cannot be fooled by infrared or radar/radio countermeasures. They are also effective against lightly armoured APC targets if the operator is pushed into a corner

Stugna-P with remote control. Recent video:

After several shots and at least two targets destroyed, they dismounted and moved to another position.
But 6 miles is too much for Stugna-P. That control centre coordinated artillery, most probably.

I must have the distance wrong. The video I saw was clearly a rocket-propelled missile.

From that Twitter thread linked above:

Igor Baikov 💙💛
@Killa_ru
·
Mar 10
A new law forces you to exchange 80% of USD/EUR you got since Jan, 1st as salary to our currency. Now you can only cash out $10k in 6 months in banks, everything over gets converted to ruble w/ bad exchange rate.

These measures are going to make this war Putin's undoing if they last long. These steps represent the government's confiscation of private wealth.

Another press conference of Zelensky for foreign media.
He mentioned, for the second time since the start of this invasion, KIA number on our side: about 1,300. (His first estimate on the 2nd day was between 100 and 200).
He said that Ukraine has traced all SAMs of Soviet types "up to the storage place" in several countries and is ready to pay for them and deliver them immediately.

To call the Russian dead Rats and other insulting comments is for me going too far. There is a very good chance that those Russians didn't want to be in the Ukraine any more than the people wanted them to be on their land.
There is also that linguistic "nuance" that is difficult to recognize in most languages besides Russian and Ukrainian.
Rossiysky (российский) means associated with Russia as a country, state, government. Russkiy (русский) means associated with the language, ethnicity, culture, etc. But both words are translated as "Russian" in English.
Many Ukrainian soldiers are actually ethnic Russians (русские). And many invaders belong to different ethnicities, including Chechens, Tatars, Buryats, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back