"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think following this advice would be good for helping this thread stay alive.

Don't get me wrong, I have clear and solid political views, but this thread is much more valuable as a resource than it is for pushing one's own political views. Don't let partisan politics kill it for all of us, eh?

Preach!

It's why we had to ban political talk. It was only a matter of time before the partisan people started.

Preach!

It's why we had to ban political talk. It was only a matter of time before the partisan people started.

Right. I have another forum I post at where politics is no-holds-barred, and it descends into shitstorms as often as not, because it relies upon the good nature of people, and we know what a thin reed that is. That's okay; I post my political stuff there because they allow it and I do my rough-and-tumble there.

Here in this thread, I'm getting good info from people who actually know how militaries operate, and to be honest I don't care what one's views are if one's facts are good. If we keep it to facts It should be -- as it has already been -- a good roll. I want to know what's happening as it unfolds, and this thread has been a good resource for finding original sources for news from on the ground there.

I prefer that to continue because the information here is vital. There's an entire world outside of politics, be it American or otherwise, but I've got places I'll go for that.

Hope that's preachy enough!

Someone hit my STFU button already.

I have removed all of the non-Ukraine related political posts (mine included)

1. They have nothing to do with the topic.
2. They are just turning into the typical sheepish and ignorant left vs. right BS.
3. It really is ruining an otherwise informative thread.

Let me please remind everyone (myself included), this forum still has a politics rule (yes more to follow). While we are easing the ban on political discussion, it must remain civil. Any political discussion that is irrelevant to the topic, insulting to other members of the forum, or is the typical sheeple right vs. left bashing will not be tolerated (staff/mods included). There are plenty of other places you can go to for that. Lets not destroy our place here with that ignorant drivel.

Last edited:
The Syrian troop question raises a couple of other questions in itself;

Why does one of the worlds most powerful military forces need to start outsourcing ?

Are Russians at home really going to keep believing the broadcasts about how good their own army is ?

Finally, what does this say about the fighting spirit of troops already engaged and how many losses have they really suffered ?

It seems to me a rather desperate move.

Where's the mighty Russian Army? You know, the one that could "crush" NATO (not my words).
This was supposed to be a military that could counter any and all NATO efforts and the finest and newest American equipment.
And a little nation stops this grand war machine dead in it's tracks to the point where it's imperious leader is calling for mercinaries to help?

Pathetic...

It seems to me a rather desperate move.

Where's the mighty Russian Army? You know, the one that could "crush" NATO (not my words).
This was supposed to be a military that could counter any and all NATO efforts and the finest and newest American equipment.
And a little nation stops this grand war machine dead in it's tracks to the point where it's imperious leader is calling for mercinaries to help?

Pathetic...
I know. Add it to list of the weirdness of this war. It seems a very antiquated way of fighting. Unless Putin is holding forces back and he's looking for more cannon-, or javelin-, fodder to counter NATO's plan of turning Ukraine into a meat grinder for the Russian army.

Professional military, amateur generals.
Define "professional".

Very few of Russia's Army personnel have done anything more than occasional exercises in the past two decades.

Russia's excursions into war zones have been mostly done by social elites for "street cred".

On the other side of the fence, the U.S. and a large number of it's Allies are hard combat tested veterans, who have been training the Ukraine military for years.

I know. Add it to list of the weirdness of this war. It seems a very antiquated way of fighting. Unless Putin is holding forces back and he's looking for more cannon-, or javelin-, fodder to counter NATO's plan of turning Ukraine into a meat grinder for the Russian army.
I thought Russia's action early on was a ruse, but in light of the recent sacking of the FSB by Putin's "special police" and a series of high ranking Generals being forced to the front (whom several have been killed), it's becoming clear that the plan of subversion and force is not working as his Imperial majesty planned.

One aspect that annoys me is how the war is being reported from a day to day aspect. If the Russians are losing then why are they still moving forward?

Wars are won by the force that is bigger and more powerful. If the Russians are willing to take the losses and willing to kill civilians and willing to become what it takes to do that then final victory will be inevitable.

The only things that can stop this is direct NATO intervention or regime change in Moscow.

Maybe the Ukrainians will force Russia into some form of defeat which makes further operations untenable.
Maybe the collapse of the Russian economy means soldiers won't be paid so they mutiny.
Maybe a general Russian population uprising will mean the end for military operation in Ukraine.

Or maybe full scale nuclear war is on the cards. Which obviously is worst case but certainly a possible outcome.

The only truly positive outcome is regime change in Moscow. A new guy appears who calls for immediate ceasefire and pull out of troops out of Ukraine and then all sanctions are lifted.

The most obvious outcome is Russia wins and Ukraine or what's left of it becomes a Russian slave state.

Which is why the actions of Putin baffles me. How is this the best case scenario? Putin could have been sipping Margheritas on his yacht in the sun somewhere and yet somehow full scale nuclear war is a better option?

When the world goes mad then mad things happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back