"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I suppose I may be pointing out the obvious, but the A-10 was designed to fight in an environment that currently exists in Ukraine and ironically, against many of the weapons that are currently being used...

The USAF fact sheet I posted above, also addresses the new threat upgrades that the current A-10C has, which covers today's modern battlefield.

If you want speed, get an F-15, if you want to scour the earth of anything that walks or crawls, get an A-10.
Yes it was designed to fight in that enviornment. The difference though is it was dedigned a half century ago. The threats it will face now are far more deadly.

Alas reports are that they are trucks. Still helpful though.
Trucks? Those aren't Japan-origin combat vehicles. Unless we include the ubiquitous Nissan/Toyota Technical.

2Fweb%2Fbin%2F69272f42-da76-11ec-8de3-573a6521e09e.jpg

Paywall free: https://archive.is/Mjei5

Which is why the Ukrainians had better get started on their big offensive.

"It's a scenario that may prove the most realistic long-term outcome given that neither Kyiv nor Moscow appear inclined to ever admit defeat. It's also becoming increasingly likely amid the growing sense within the administration that an upcoming Ukrainian counteroffensive won't deal a mortal blow to Russia."

Once this impression starts to take hold in Washington and Brussels the West may transition from active combat support to some more like active deterrence. When this happens, after a Western-encouraged armistice, Ukraine will be required not to make the first move, and therefore unable to ever recover their lost territory. Ukraine must move soon. The West is starting to ask, we gave you the tanks you wanted, the HIMARS you wanted, etc, etc... now where's the counteroffensive?

Which is why the Ukrainians had better get started on their big offensive?

"It's a scenario that may prove the most realistic long-term outcome given that neither Kyiv nor Moscow appear inclined to ever admit defeat. It's also becoming increasingly likely amid the growing sense within the administration that an upcoming Ukrainian counteroffensive won't deal a mortal blow to Russia."

Once this impression starts to take hold in Washington and Brussels the West may transition from active combat support to some more like active deterrence, where after a Western-encouraged armistice, Ukraine will be required not to make the first move, and therefore unable to ever recover their lost territory.
In which the Ukrainians should tell the crafters of that armistice to go pound sand.

It is unlikely that Ukraine will quit fighting short of kicking Russia out of Ukraine, unless they suffer some sort of military collapse and are defeated by Russia. If Russia invaded your home, would you stop?

I do not want to speak for Ukraine, but as I said up-thread, when I see the pictures of the area as it was before the invasion, it reminds me of the area in SW Minnesota where I grew up. The locals (Ukrainians) also remind me of the people I grew up among, including their attitudes. In circumstances similar to what is going on in Ukraine, I would only stop when I am dead (or crippled too badly to fight). I believe this is true of most of the people I grew up with as well.

Last edited:

ATACAMS. Now. No ATACMS to Ukraine following U.K. move
I'd not rush to sign that contract. You don't want Rheinmetall's overseers in Berlin delaying and messing with you again. Just imagine, Ukraine's production line is just about to finish some tanks, and then some peaceniks in the Reichstag demand that the 120mm gun or some special component must be withheld in order not to annoy Moscow. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..... Instead I'd be following Poland's example and calling up Hyundai Rotem and producing the K2 in Ukraine.... ideally in cooperation with Poland.

Last edited:
I'd not rush to sign that contract. You don't want Rheinmetall's overseers in Berlin delaying and messing with you again. Instead I'd be following Poland's example and calling up Hyundai Rotem and producing the K2 in Ukraine.... ideally in cooperation with Poland.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting/hoping for Sth Korea to do anything. They haven't exactly been forthcoming with support for Ukraine so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back