"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I very highly doubt it. Mind you seeing something like below would be wonderful:

View attachment 669469
I believe pre-war that the Ukrainians were strongly considering buying the Gripen. I believe the Hungarians are happy with theirs.

02_gripen_MTI.jpg

I agree 100%. It concerns me that it opens the possibility of other blunders, some whose response would previously have been "he wouldn't be that stupid".

Right -- can he misjudge the red-button precipice too? For all the Vladimir Putin, Supragenius® rhetoric we've heard over the last decade. He has made a couple of pretty rookie mistakes in his estimation of this invasion. We're seeing the results.

Last edited:
So, Boris just announced "shore-to-ship" missiles.
What would they be, I wonder. Hopefully, something heavier and longer-ranged than Brimstone and faster than Neptune...

Probably this answers your question.

Probably this answers your question.
Thank you, I just read it. Hopefully, it will not end up like the story with the fighter jets transfer.
I also liked this:
"The two U.S. officials said the M270 or similar system like the M142 HIMARS would be considered for shipment to Ukraine once Congress passed a $40 billion supplemental funding bill".
Too late to deblockade Mariupol, but better late than never.

Thank you, I just read it. Hopefully, it will not end up like the story with the fighter jets transfer.
I also liked this:
"The two U.S. officials said the M270 or similar system like the M142 HIMARS would be considered for shipment to Ukraine once Congress passed a $40 billion supplemental funding bill".
Too late to deblockade Mariupol, but better late than never.

Yes, it's too late for Mariupol, but Congress has indeed passed the $40B bill and Biden has already signaled he will sign it.

Yes, it's too late for Mariupol, but Congress has indeed passed the $40B bill and Biden has already signaled he will sign it.

I believe the Ukrainians will soon have sufficient forces to move southward to first cut off and then re-take Mariupol.

Hopefully the US $40b bill includes some Patriot missiles to prevent the Ukrainians railways from being destroyed. Otherwise all the weaponry will sit in Poland.

I believe the Ukrainians will soon have sufficient forces to move southward to first cut off and then re-take Mariupol.

I hope you're right about this.

Hopefully the US $40b bill includes some Patriot missiles to prevent the Ukrainians railways from being destroyed. Otherwise all the weaponry will sit in Poland.

I think the Patriots. if they're forthcoming (and I've read a couple of reports they are) will be backfill for NATO allies forwarding their own S-300 systems, given the training curve. Better to give the Ukrainians systems they can use immediately and backfill the equipment for donor nations where training can happen in a longer timespan, rather than expect Ukrainian missileers to learn OJT an entirely new system in combat.

And railways aren't the only way to insert weaponry into Ukraine -- road-nets are harder to interrupt and easier to repair.

Last edited:
Obviously.

I hope it's better than their guitar amplifiers.
It's amazing what happens when you focus on quality and not price. I've known a few people who have done business with Chinese factories, and they all say the same thing: If you beat them down on price, they simply drop the quality to reflect what you want to pay.
Now, do you think that the Chinese military are focused on price or quality?

It's amazing what happens when you focus on quality and not price. I've known a few people who have done business with Chinese factories, and they all say the same thing: If you beat them down on price, they simply drop the quality to reflect what you want to pay.
Now, do you think that the Chinese military are focused on price or quality?

My electric guitar was built in China in 2016 and it is a fine instrument, I sold off my Gibson because my Ibanez was simply better. But I've blown up three MiC amplifiers in six years, compared to an MiA Fender that was my #1 for ten years without even a tube-swap.

Of course you get what you pay for. Is China bent on the highest quality, or putting up numbers? I can't say. If someone has more insight I'm happy to listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back