"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (8 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

In Germany I've read a report/claim of russians already destroying two HIMARS systems. Is that their common propaganda or is something known about it?

I'd read that one was reportedly destroyed, but haven't seen confirmation. I don't doubt that they're regarded as high-value targets and that we'll be reading of their losses soon enough.

Nice work. Now, what about those Polish MiG-29s? Surely by now any reticence about giving those to Ukraine has evaporated?
I am reading that the British and German air forces are in the process of retiring their tranch 1 Typhoons. I am confident that the Ukraine would welcome these with open arms and whilst they are not as capable as the tranch 2 and 3 aircraft, I would back them against any Mig 29 or Su30.
I think the total is about 70 aircraft which would make quite a difference

I'd read that one was reportedly destroyed, but haven't seen confirmation. I don't doubt that they're regarded as high-value targets and that we'll be reading of their losses soon enough.
However, how much hell did that HIMARS wreak on the Orcs during it's operation - that is the value-packed question.

Russia claims 2, Ukraine denies. 🤷‍♂️

Ukraine's general staff rejected Russia's account later on Wednesday. In a post on Twitter, it said the claims were "fake" and that it was using the US-supplied HIMARS to inflict "devastating blows" on Russian forces.

I am reading that the British and German air forces are in the process of retiring their tranch 1 Typhoons. I am confident that the Ukraine would welcome these with open arms and whilst they are not as capable as the tranch 2 and 3 aircraft, I would back them against any Mig 29 or Su30.
I think the total is about 70 aircraft which would make quite a difference
"in the process of retiring" may be a lot of time, even several years

Specially if you have to cover your neighbor

Some info re the Mig-29s held by the US.

In October 1997 the US bought 21x Mig-29 airframes (most were at the time the latest Block 9-13) from Moldova. apparently, most of the airframes were not in flyable condition at the time of the sale. Subsequently, the US kept 2x of the airframes in service for training purposes - kept in service partly by cannibalizing the other airframes.

These airframes are the source of the spare parts acquired in April by Ukraine.

Last edited:
re planning for US/NATO supplying replacements for the Ukrainian Air Force Mig-29, Su-27, etc

Talks are ongoing. For a couple of interesting aspects, from public sources:

"Bond between Americans and Ukrainian forces they trained remains strong as war grinds on"

and

"'Grey Wolf Team': How a USAF Task Force Works To Keep Ukraine's Pilots Fighting"

Note: The first joint exercise between the Ukraine Air Force and USAF/Air National Guard (and Poland:)) took place in 2011. Since 2014 there has been a regular exchange of personnel for liaison and training purposes.

Russia claims 2, Ukraine denies. 🤷‍♂️

Ukraine's general staff rejected Russia's account later on Wednesday. In a post on Twitter, it said the claims were "fake" and that it was using the US-supplied HIMARS to inflict "devastating blows" on Russian forces.

I'd ignore any Kremlin's claims until there is a clear video.
By they way, I like those statements about "foreign mercenaries" .Their missile operators can not distinguish between the warehouse and the shopping mall but they "sense" the nationality...

sorry my english is far from perfection - in short words all MiG29 left in Poland are only this ones owned by museums...
So, you're suggesting the MiG-29s Poland had intended to give to Ukraine in March 2022 have since been transferred to the UAF? If so, that's good, and I don't understand the need for worry about upsetting Russia Polish relations. Providing thirty year old, old tech fighters is not a big issue when NATO is providing MRLS that can put a missile through a General's kitchen window at 80 km.

The Slovaks don't seem to be so shy about donating their MiG-29s.

Last edited:
So, you're suggesting the MiG-29s Poland had intended to give to Ukraine in March 2022 have since been transferred to the UAF? If so, that's good, and I don't understand the need for worry about upsetting Russia Polish relations. Providing thirty year old, old tech fighters is not a big issue when NATO is providing MRLS that can put a missile through a General's kitchen window at 80 km.

The Slovaks don't seem to be so shy about donating their MiG-29s.

yep - this is pretty much what i'm suggesting

I still feel that UAF's colour scheme is one of the best. Does any other country incorporate their national symbol into the camo?

Ukrainian-Air-Force-MiG-29-1280x720.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back