"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey Admiral; you having trouble with post #8454 too? On my iPhone or my iMac, it locks up on that post.
I had to post on the previous page to get around it.

What if we get Iran back in the oil line? Yes i know. But isnt this a perfect time to trade?
Why not make a deal of the century. Quite the nuke stuff sell oil. If there is a time to trade equally, it will be now. And i mean trade, not bully each other around.

There must be a deal worth making. Hope they will find it. Depending on the rest of the oil producers wast a good plan after all.
We has seen the dangers of feeding a tiranical & very unfriendly country with money for oil.

Why repeat that?

Hey Admiral; you having trouble with post #8454 too? On my iPhone or my iMac, it locks up on that post.
I had to post on the previous page to get around it.
I copy the tweet for you

A russian Su-25 with Garmin GPS 152.
FXH5vfDXkAAZ5GC.jpg

I guess I wasn't authorized to see it.
Thw original twitter post was "covered" because it "may have contained" sensative content - which is weird, considering most images with that warning, are for graphic images (like dead bodies, horrible wrecks, etc.).

An obsolete Garmin is frightening, yes, but not enough so as to warrant a viewer warning...

I hope (and expect) the reference to Russians celebrating the resignation of Boris Johnson in this story will be akin to Hitler interpreting Roosevelt's death as a sign that things would turn for Germany.

Last edited:
Back to my earlier post. UAF has underwater "vehicles". Presumably any Russian vessel at port could be struck.

As an associated link from the page you've linked here:

The sinking of Moskva will be in case studies for years to come. A ship which, on paper, had respectable anti-ship missile defenses (ASMD), was caught off guard. David had defeated Goliath.

But the impact was bigger than the loss of a single ship. In an instant it swept away the Russian Navy's sense of invulnerability. They immediately became more risk adverse. Forays nearer the coast continued, possibly to send the message that Russia was not afraid, but the pattern shifted. Routine patrol areas contracted, generally shifting to the Crimea side of the northern Black Sea.

Ukraine for its part found that it's Turkish supplied TB-2 drones could operate near Snake Island. The point air defenses there, the famous Tor and Pantsir systems, could not keep them at bay. TB-2s picked off Russian assault boats and air defense systems. Their biggest coup was hitting a landing craft just as it attempted to disembark a Tor missile system. The sunken landing craft blocked access to the island until it could be salvaged.

[...]

But the TB-2s could also act as reconnaissance for other, harder hitting, weapons. Starting in May there were reports that Denmark would supply Harpoon anti-ship missiles. These were felt by the Russian Navy on June 17 when a valuable support vessel, Vasiliy Bekh, was hit by two. This was despite having a Tor system strapped to its deck. It was sunk.

On June 20 Harpoon were again used to neutralize a Russian controlled gas platform in the Black Sea. These platforms were being used for surveillance.

Russian ships became even more cautious, and the supply line to Snake Island even more strained. Ukrainian drone strikes and missile attacks were beginning to wear down the defenses. And Harpoon kept vital resupplies at bay.

[...]

Submarines are now being used for some of the cruise missile launches. Possibly they can operate more safely closer to the Ukrainian controlled coast. Even the Admiral Grigorovich class frigates are operating well away from the threat. This does not speak of confidence in their ASMD capabilities.

[...]

On the other hand, Russia still imposes an effective blockade. It has been doing this with missile corvettes and patrol boats operating much further south, near to Romania. We should not think that Russia is no longer the stronger navy. But the threat of Harpoon and other systems has pushed it into an almost passive role.

In the bestest way. At sea as well as on land, the Ukrainians are flummoxing Russian moves. While Russia still seems to hold the initiative in the East, they seem a bit gaspy, and the fact they seem unable to impose a stranglehold over the coast strikes me as an opportunity that should not be passed up, given the economical implications.

Those Harpoons are there for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back