"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I copy the tweet for you

A russian Su-25 with Garmin GPS 152.
View attachment 676866
I was examining this GPS (I had a similar one) and noticed a few things and learned a few more. It looks like this guy is flying close to a town called "Pravdinsk" located Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia. This area from what I understand is part of Russia but detached from Russia and is surrounded by Poland and Lithuania. There are a number of military bases there, it would seem this would be a real hotspot should things escalate in the region.

Dimlee Dimlee , J J_P_C any thoughts, information?

1657350058259.png

Lastly, it's worth considering what the fifty mostly dated warplanes of the 132nd​ Aviation Division bring to the fold. The 4th Naval Attack Regiment mixes older Su-24M supersonic bombers with modern Su-30SM multi-role fighters. Both are armed with anti-ship missiles, and the latter can also perform air-to-air missions.

Meanwhile, the 689th​ Fighter Regiment primarily consists of agile but aging Su-27P fighters, though these are to be replaced with Su-27SM and Su-35S multi-role fighters.

There's also the 396th​ Composite Helicopter Regiments based at Donskoe, which fields a squadron each of Mi-24 gunships, Ka-27M anti-submarine and search-and-rescue helicopters, and Mi-8 and Ka-29 transport choppers.

The aviation contingent, however, notably lacks maritime surveillance aviation besides some Forpost drones derived from the Israeli IAI Searcher drone.

Not sure what to think of this: Lack of weapons? Getting rid of old junk? targets of opportunity?

My son told me about this earlier tonight. My initial reaction is that they must be running low on general PGMs to be shooting off SAMs at ground targets.

It'd be a shame if the Ukrainians showed up with a hundred or so F-16s.

From various news outlets:

The Russian leader warned the Ukrainian government in Kyiv that it should quickly accept Moscow's terms or brace for the worst.

"Everybody should know that, largely speaking, we haven't even yet started anything in earnest," Putin said while speaking with leaders of the Kremlin-controlled parliament Thursday [7 July].

"Everybody should know that, largely speaking, we haven't even yet started anything in earnest," Putin said while speaking with leaders of the Kremlin-controlled parliament Thursday [7 July].
Tens of thousands of Russia's sons have died thus far, and he's just getting started? By Christmas they'll be forty thousand dead Russians, and their mothers and fathers will begin to protest.

From various news outlets:

The Russian leader warned the Ukrainian government in Kyiv that it should quickly accept Moscow's terms or brace for the worst.

More noise from Vladolph Putler.

So we're to take anything he says seriously, now?

And what happened to the "dire consequences" for Finland, or is he going to wait until after he's done saving the world from those pesky Ukrainians?

Not sure what to think of this: Lack of weapons? Getting rid of old junk? targets of opportunity?
It could also have negative tones in that the Russians don't feel the air threat warrants the use of the system in its primary role.

I was examining this GPS (I had a similar one) and noticed a few things and learned a few more. It looks like this guy is flying close to a town called "Pravdinsk" located Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia. This area from what I understand is part of Russia but detached from Russia and is surrounded by Poland and Lithuania. There are a number of military bases there, it would seem this would be a real hotspot should things escalate in the region.

Dimlee Dimlee , J J_P_C any thoughts, information?

View attachment 676911

Lastly, it's worth considering what the fifty mostly dated warplanes of the 132nd​ Aviation Division bring to the fold. The 4th Naval Attack Regiment mixes older Su-24M supersonic bombers with modern Su-30SM multi-role fighters. Both are armed with anti-ship missiles, and the latter can also perform air-to-air missions.

Meanwhile, the 689th​ Fighter Regiment primarily consists of agile but aging Su-27P fighters, though these are to be replaced with Su-27SM and Su-35S multi-role fighters.

There's also the 396th​ Composite Helicopter Regiments based at Donskoe, which fields a squadron each of Mi-24 gunships, Ka-27M anti-submarine and search-and-rescue helicopters, and Mi-8 and Ka-29 transport choppers.

The aviation contingent, however, notably lacks maritime surveillance aviation besides some Forpost drones derived from the Israeli IAI Searcher drone.

I think that today our Polish and Lithuanian friends are better informed about the developments in that area. Suwalki Gap needs to be watched...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back