"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There's a few sure things in life that are an absolute:
Death, taxes and Ukraine will not ceed one inch to Russia.

The media is having a field day hyping up the waffling in the U.S. with the aid package.

Meanwhile, Europe has stepped up and is committing a staggering amount of support that rivals what the U.S. would provide, yet the media is beating their chest, proclaiming all is lost, Russia is winning.

Meanwhile, the actual numbers indicate Ukraine is still bleeding Russia in all directions and any "gains" that Russia is making, is incremental at best while at the same time, fails to focus on the concentration of damage in strategic areas of Russian held Crimea.

So one has to ask: "why is Ukraine doing so much damage to Russian defenses in Crimea?"

I believe the answer is fairly obvious.

I don't think (and I could be wrong....) that the NATO charter would require NATO members to automatically become participants is the defence of AK, due to its location (i.e., outside the North Atlantic theatre). This was the reason that NATO was not required to assist the UK in the Falklands war. That said, I might be wrong :)
I expect Thatcher could have declared Article 5. Certainly now that, since 1983 the Falklanders are full British citizens rather than their former overseas territorials, an attack on Stanley is akin to bombing Piccadilly I would expect Britain to consider Article 5. NATO aside, I remember as a young expat living in Canada in 1982 thinking why isn't Canada, Australia or NZ coming to Britain's aid. The RCN's four Sea Sparrow-armed Iroquois class destroyers (our last class of such) would have been useful. We now know that both the Commonwealth and NATO helped Britain from the sidelines, for example both Canada and Australia deployed their navies to cover British commitments elsewhere, so to free up RN ships for the task force, and the US opened up stores of modern AAMs and supplied intel to the British (when Maggie called Reagan, Galtieri was toast), while the French blocked further Exocets and tech to the Argies.

Last edited:
I expect Thatcher could have declared Article 5. Certainly now that, since 1983 the Falklanders are full British citizens rather than their former overseas territorials, an attack on Stanley is akin to bombing Piccadilly I would expect Britain to consider Article 5. NATO aside, I remember as a young expat living in Canada in 1982 thinking why isn't Canada, Australia or NZ coming to Britain's aid. The RCN's four Sea Sparrow-armed Iroquois class destroyers (our last class of such) would have been useful. We now know that both the Commonwealth and NATO helped Britain from the sidelines, for example both Canada and Australia deployed their navies to cover British commitments elsewhere, so to free up RN ships for the task force, and the US opened up stores of modern AAMs and supplied intel to the British (when Maggie called Reagan, Galtieri was toast), while the French blocked further Exocets and tech to the Argies.
Article 5 includes geographic limits which are further defined in Article 6. See below with my emphasis. So no it wouldn't apply to an invasion of the Falkland Is.

Article 5
"The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognized by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.

Any such armed attack and all measures taken as a result thereof shall immediately be reported to the Security Council. Such measures shall be terminated when the Security Council has taken the measures necessary to restore and maintain international peace and security."

AND

Article 6

"For the purpose of Article 5, an armed attack on one or more of the Parties is deemed to include an armed attack:

• on the territory of any of the Parties in Europe or North America, on the Algerian Departments of France, on the territory of Turkey or on the Islands under the jurisdiction of any of the Parties in the North Atlantic area north of the Tropic of Cancer;
  • on the forces, vessels, or aircraft of any of the Parties, when in or over these territories or any other area in Europe in which occupation forces of any of the Parties were stationed on the date when the Treaty entered into force or the Mediterranean Sea or the North Atlantic area north of the Tropic of Cancer."
The Treaty was modified following Algerian independence from France in 1963.

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukraine's military chief on Saturday warned that the battlefield situation in the industrial east has "significantly worsened in recent days," as warming weather allowed Russian forces to launch a fresh push along several stretches of the more 1,000 km-long (620-mile) front line.

In an update on the Telegram messaging app, Gen. Oleksandr Syrskyy said that Moscow had "significantly" ramped up its assaults since President Vladimir Putin extended his nearly quarter-century rule in a preordained election last month that saw anti-war candidates barred from the ballot and independent voices silenced in a Kremlin-backed media blockade.

According to Syrskyy, Russian forces have been "actively attacking" Ukrainian positions in three areas of the eastern Donetsk region, near the cities of Lyman, Bakhmut and Pokrovsk, and beginning to launch tank assaults as drier, warmer spring weather has made it easier for heavy vehicles to move across previously muddy terrain.

"Despite significant losses, the enemy is intensifying its efforts by using new units (equipped with) armored vehicles, thanks to which it periodically achieves tactical success," Syrskyy said.

a larger part of the middle east seems to be at high alert and closing its airspaces due to a reported massive iranian drone launch towards israelian targets. That's in addition to a pirate action capturing a container vessel.
The friends of russia are really asking for retaliation strikes.

Last edited:
US Intel reports US assets (naval?) have engaged Iranian ballistic missiles launched from Iran. All Iranian ballistic missiles known to be launched from Iran as of 10:20 PM GMT have been neutralized.

Source for the above is usually accurate.

My son tells me his arty battalion is next up for deployment if it goes further. He's got a btn briefing on Monday for further word. Hopefully floating reserve and no duty in Syria or Jordan.

I bet the Israelians will set up a retaliation strike. Some good targets would be iranian drone/rocket manufacturing sites, maybe (dangerous) uran enrichment sites.
I was thinking along the same lines.

Striking their drone manufacturing sites would not only benefit Israel, but Ukraine as well.

If this is the case, then Iran will have screwed Russia in a round-about way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back