"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The race is on to create a vehicle that can a) stay alive when attacked by drones, b) counter drone attacks to make it possible to break through or hold defensive position against incoming armour etc.

Russia is so much ahead on this race that the west has no chance in future wars.

0x0.jpg

GLiLtRbWwAEuZ2_.jpg

Israeli Merkava MBTs have their Trophy system. Can these systems counter drones?

That would be an very expensive counter measure.
I can by a drone with range and payload for let say 400 us dollars. And many of them. So counter measure should be as cheap and easy to build. Otherwise it becomes a spending match that one will lose for sure.

I once suggested a fine maze net fired in direction of drone. Since drones have a perticular sound pitch and a signal trace this could be done quite accurate.
Nets are very very cheap. So you can use a lot. And retrieve.
I call my system Spiderman.

1714457790882.png

Last edited:

While there are reports of the Abrams being pulled out of operations in Ukraine, I have also heard a rumour that and 30 odd are being considered to be sent by the USA.
There was a message from the 47th brigade - the main operator of Abrams. They said something like that: "We use our tanks in the best way for us, not for the enemy. And we do not reveal our plans to the press."

Thanks for the link. I haven't watched it yet but would like to note that the question "how much...really..." is very important.
Journalists, in Ukraine as well, while talking about the last Bill, continue to repeat the nonsense about "$60B aid for Ukraine". While the actual number for Ukraine itself is lower, probably about half of the total in the Bill.
Every aid package is important, of course.
But I foresee how in 2025 there will be talks "Ah, we gave them 60 billion..."

Yesterday in Odessa.
Most probably, Iskander ballistic missile with cluster munition.
The area is a part of the so-called "health track" where people walk, jog, ride bicycles, etc.
The camera position on Google Maps, facing south-southeast:
46.42167666676743, 30.767734901301615

View: https://youtu.be/ai-YMtlWB3Y?si=buzRb09MZfTYdxvi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back