"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (28 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

e5c999a369af6000559cba2cd25d6256fe5a79e9487880a3689974ac92624e17.jpg
 
Darn - I guess they are too short on crews even though they would make good Shahed killers. I thought they might convert them to drones but that still requires manpower.
Earlier int he war they might have been useful but I think their role has largely been overtaken by drones plus they would be dead meat close to the front lines, plus the logistics burden is not something they need. Troop transports like the earlier MRH90s on the other hand would be useful as they could operate behind the front lines to rapidly move forces. One could argue the Shahed killer role buy I am presuming the Ukrainians considered and rejected that.
 
I think the critical part of the article is technical condition and spare-parts requirements.

If the technical condition is anywhere near as bad as with the Aus Taipan's (and all the Ansett aircraft that were scrapped because no one would buy them) then they would need expensive major refurbishment before use.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • GTX
Back