An airshow at London, Ontario, 1988 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Howard Gibson

Senior Airman
Oct 7, 2021
Toronto Canada
Petie3.jpeg

New member here.

This is a P‑15D Mustang made up to look like one of John C. Meyer's aircraft from WW II. This was at an airshow at London, Ontario, on 1988/06/03, according to my notes. Actually, I was getting ready to photograph a de Havilland Mosquito that was about to taxi by. I took this picture for practise, and I was pleasantly surprised. It was late in the day, around 5:00pm.

I used my Yashica TL Electro 35mm SLR. I used my Tamron 28‑70mm zoom lens set to 70mm. My exposure was 1/15 seconds. The film was Kodachrome ISO 25. I had my 35mm camera on the tripod, and I panned it a little. Note the blurry person next to the tail of the aircraft, which really makes the shot for me.

View attachment 644004
New member here.

This is a P‑15D Mustang made up to look like one of John C. Meyer's aircraft from WW II. This was at an airshow at London, Ontario, on 1988/06/03, according to my notes. Actually, I was getting ready to photograph a de Havilland Mosquito that was about to taxi by. I took this picture for practise, and I was pleasantly surprised. It was late in the day, around 5:00pm.

I used my Yashica TL Electro 35mm SLR. I used my Tamron 28‑70mm zoom lens set to 70mm. My exposure was 1/15 seconds. The film was Kodachrome ISO 25. I had my 35mm camera on the tripod, and I panned it a little. Note the blurry person next to the tail of the aircraft, which really makes the shot for me.

Welcome Howard. I was at all the old London shows and they were the best of the best. Tom Walsh put together a cracker show every year.
I am looking forward to more pics from London shows of yore.
Welcome.

Jeff

Welcome aboard. The Mosquito must have been Kermit Weeks'.

I went to one London Airshow in the late 80's and ended up in a bar afterwards were some American tanker crew tried to pick up our women. A-holes. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back