Another Mustang Thread?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

North American Aviation...

Attachments

• R82 2  434  copy  WEB.jpg
    R82 2 434 copy WEB.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 15
I'm glad you find the thread worthwhile. I've been wondering what people here thought about it. Just a few are commenting or liking, etc. but the thread seems to have over 2000 views so I guess somebody is watching. I'm enjoying it -- it's good to revisit some of these images from the past...

And yes, this is one of the really great Mustang paint schemes.
I wouldn't worry about too many comments, most of us just enjoy the pictures, of which you've posted some great ones, keep up the good work.

Hey the topic is worthy of many threads, after all the Mustang was involved in the defense of Pearl Harbor, torpedoing two carriers at Midway, flying out of Cactus, being the scourge of the desert in Africa, walloping the Luftwaffe and dropping the atomic bomb, not to mention kicking MiG-15 tail...

Just an old joke we had around here a couple of years ago where we heaped praise on the P-51 for all manner of "accomplishments", I think we were all in a bar in Havana at the time...

:lol::lol::lol:

As I said, this has been fun for me, at least. I've been working with the stuff anyway, and it's always different seeing them in a thread like this..

I have thousands of shots like this. If there's interest I may do a similar thread for Sea Furies and one about Racing modifications -- how to make a Mustang go really fast.

Attachments

• R82 3 264  copy  WEB.jpg
    R82 3 264 copy WEB.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 22
Ok. Now thats just messing with us now is it...

You like Sea Furies? I got Sea Furies. Actually the stories of the post war Sea Fury experience are very interesting on many levels. Some great people and great airplanes.

Still got Mustangs to do, though...

Attachments

• R78  376  (1) copy.jpg
    R78 376 (1) copy.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 20
Great stuff Sisu! Simply brilliant! Keep it up! Great to see these past images. I would like to see a similar thread on the Furies and other Reno oddities, Bears, Tsunamis and so forth while you're at it.

Actually an oddities at Reno thread could be interesting -- B-25s on the course, a Fiat G-59, Skyraiders, Yaks of various persuasions, Wildcats, P40s -- even Corsairs...

Attachments

• _DSC9050 copy.jpg
    _DSC9050 copy.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 20
One more green P-51C. This one lives in the same hangar as the Kittyhawk in message #95. I've known these folks (a little) for many years, and waited for 20 years for their Mustang project to get done. Of course they had a few others things going during these years. They have a P-40E and a P-40N, a wonderful museum and active commmunity outreach and education program. Good folks...

I still think a P-51 B or C in olive drab is one of the more lethal looking of modern warbirds.

Attachments

• _D3M1956 copy 2.jpg
    _D3M1956 copy 2.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back