Another upload problem. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks old boy, but still won't work ! As mentioned, mine is the only house in the street where it can't be installed, as the cables would need to go below the drains, which can't be done, or be routed back down the hill. The latter would entail digging up the road, and a private drive, and would then still encounter the main drain and sewer. It can't be done!
The alternative is have it installed via a 'phone land line, which I don't want. I was paying for a British Telecom line which I never used, and it cost me twice per month than my mobile 'phone and Internet combined, for something not used !!

No my friend, I don't have a TV !
When the power switch packed up, I found it would be cheaper to buy a new TV than have the original set repaired, and as there is very little worth watching on UK TV, unless you like football and 'soaps', which I don't, I never renewed it.
If I had the land line still, then Virgin could install a package of 'phone, TV and Internet. But I don't need the first two, and the cost, as mentioned, is more than I pay for my mobile 'phone and internet combined!
However, if I am eventually able to move to the veteran's bungalows, a mile or so away, then there I can get cable reception, as it's already installed. Can't do that yet though, for a number of reasons.

I understood. Here in Poland most providers of the cable TV offer TV+net and sometimes phone combined. I bought the TV+net and there is no problem with connection.

The 'system' appears to be back to normal again - at east for now. Perhaps this was a slight, temporary, forum glitch ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back