Any tips on prop nose decal?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It smells very like Kodak 'Photoflo', a softening agent which was used in B&W film developing to prevent film sticking together during processing.

All it does is soften the decal carrier film, and break the surface tension between said film and the receiving surface, so that the whole decal area conforms as smoothly, and as closely as possible to that surface. In doing this, the decal carrier film will 'stretch' (for want of better description) and 'bed down' to be almost invisible. The 'quality' of the end result is dependant on the quality of the surface to which the decals are applied, with a smooth (ie gloss), grease-free finish being required to obtain optimum results. Once this overall surface is 'equalised', over the decal area, by application of a further gloss coat, then the results are complete, with the decal(s) now being bonded to, and part of, the surrounds,.
Further clear coats of the required finish (ie, matt, gloss, semi matt etc), then enhance the appearance, giving the visual perception of the decal(s) being painted on.

Could well be on E-bay Mike, but anything with metal or fluid in it gets destroyed by the posties now (without notice to sender or would be recipient). Everything has gone anal since 9/11.

Thank Terry, I know that it makes a tremendous difference in decal appearence. Just one of the many things you taught me.
A4K, You should be able to choose your shipping method. What about UPS or FedEx? Do you have them there? Surely EVERYTHING can't be banned

Could be a different story with Fed Ex and co Mike, never tried (too expensive!). Thanks for the heads up though - might try that in future when I'm working again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back