Anybody remember "Star Wars"???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I love Star Wars, to a degree where I could most probably recite the enitre scripts and tell you how many turbolaser batteries a Star Destroyer has (50 in case you were wondering.) What we really need to see are some of the ships, just how awesome would an RAF X-Wing be?

or a 1/200 scale Emperial Cruiser!! It would be about 15ft long!! C'mon that would be awesome.

Actually I have to disagree a little with Clave. It is very obvious that the Storm Troopers were somewhat modeled upon Germany WWII troop uniforms... both in style and verbal description. Hell, they even used Mg34 style laser rifles and some of the Rebellion troops used a modified Mauser Broomhandle pistol for their blasters.

But I digress (and must reign in my geekdom), the execution of this dude looked juvenile and expedient. Little thought nor novel execution.

Grade: C+

Agreed, they kinda looked cheesy. The thought was intruiging, but as you said, bad execution.

Alright for all you Star Wars geeks (like me). Some are blatant pandering the the genre and others just make you think of certain scenes. But all related to WWII.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 9,351
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 3,737
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 9,183
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,624
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,651
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,608
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,389
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,434
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,581
  • 6.bmp
    759.7 KB · Views: 1,654
And the most blatant ripoff... [drum roll please]....

Nubian J327 vs Lockheed RS-71

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,637
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,856
Sorry Ramirezzz. That's called a "COPY".

And no I don't mean all the Nubian propulsion, flight controls, navigation systems, comm systems, surveillance systems, digital engine controls, toiletries, crew rest stations, rivets, tank inerting, wire wrapping, zonal management, electrical actuators, Tattoine metalurgy, etc.

Interesting stuff! Another one that I've found is this:

ARC 170 vs P-61 Black Widow

v_bp_arc170.jpg

p-61_1%20expanded.jpg

I mean c'mon, the "staircase" canopy and the rearfacing position, plus the two massive engines on either side of the cockpit, and the large nose?

Another thing I remember is that a Republic fighter in the Clone Wars series of cartoons' wing folding was based off of the F4U.

I'm waiting to see a pic from Guadalcanal with some Ewoks in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back