Anyone collect aviation art ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fantastic collection you have there! Nowadays, I only have a couple of small Woodcock prints, plus my own originals and a heck of a lot of books and models. There are some Turner, Taylor and others I would have liked, but couldn't justify the secondary market costs, at three times the original prices, and often much more.
I think the nearest I have of any value, although more special in other ways, are two of my own prints signed by aircrew and SOE, a photo signed by Ginger Lacey, and a book signed by 'Rolly' Beamont. The latter two were seen and met on a number of occassions, during aviation events.

Yerger: That's a really impressive collection you have, it's stunning! ;)

I'd love to collect, but these days I can't afford it as I'm unimployed.
I do enjoy watching out for whatever I can find on the web, as well as ordinary posters in the few poster shops that we've got here in Denmark. It isn't much though, because it seems to me like there is no great interest in WW2 aviation art, and therefore there is no real market here, except maybe via the www.

My library is over 1200 volumes on all the WWII topics of interest for me, numerically most are on aircraft. Little new seems to appear in the past couple years as good as the out of print or other books I have. The unit/aircraft books from Finland, some of the recent Classic Publications books are about all. I end up sitting with a pile of old issues of "Wings" and "Airpower" to relax. The forever Ta-152 book from Monogram (now Eagle Editions owned) is the only other hot thing for me I see coming. Books like the Putnam series, etc are done these days, to much work probably and not commercial enough.

Of the Taylor prints I like many, Knights of the Eastern Front and a number of the many
B-17 prints among others.

But my favorite individual prints are by Phillips and Wootton.

Very impressive collection, Yerger!

Unfortunately, I no longer have my book collection, and I never took the time to collect the artwork.

I kick myself when I look back at all of the WWII pilots I knew and never once thought about having them autograph a photo for me. They were around me quite often when I was growing up, so I didn't give it a second thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back