Anyone have any Spitfire technical drawings? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crow

Airman
Dec 29, 2006
Hiya all.

For a long term hobby, and to start spending some of my money before the wife can spend it all on horses and shopping, I`ve started putting together my own static spitfire MKVIII, to hopefully one day well into the future to look like the beauty below.

Well to be honest at the moment its little more than a complete instrument panel, controls, seat and some other odds and ends I`ve located through the years, but its about to hopefully accelerate.

Does anyone have any drawings of the fuselage frames so I can get them fabricated and get this spit to start taking shape?

It`ll probably take a year or so to build up the fuselage to start with, so if anyone can point me to any of the frames from bulkhead frame 5 to the tail frame 18 I`d be most grateful.

Willing to pay for copying and postage if they arent in digital form.

cheers for any assistance!

Attachments

• spit.jpg
    spit.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 844
There is a seller on eBay who hails from New Zealand as I remember who sells technical drawings of all sorts of stuff including many of the WW2 German aircraft, cant remember his I.D but he is definitely from NZ.
Other alternative is to contact Hendon Archives and see what they have to offer plus Duxford may be able to help with info.

Hi there. My names Abhi and im 16, i jus done my work experience at Duxford Air Museum in UK, and i got a ton of free stuff from there as a thankyou, including photocopies of original techinal drawings
If u want, i can send u a photocopy of the
Supermarine Spitfire II single seat w/ 1030 hp RlsRyce Merlin III motor
and i have a few more. give me ur email and i try to scan and send them for u. If u need anymore, jus post back and ill read see if i have them. i only have world war 2 bombers and fighter and flying boats.

Hi i dunno if it deleted my last message but in short, i have some technical drawings of a spitfire II with merlin III engines. Its just a cross secton so i dunno if it will be any good. If u want them though, tell me and ill scan and send them to ur email if u provide it. it isnt in colour and is only a photocopy of original drawings i got from work experience i done in Duxford air museum last yr when i was 15.

Hi has anyone managed to find a manufacture drawing for a spitfire type blind flying panel. I would like to make one and could do with a dimensioned drg.

Hi i dunno if it deleted my last message but in short, i have some technical drawings of a spitfire II with merlin III engines. Its just a cross secton so i dunno if it will be any good. If u want them though, tell me and ill scan and send them to ur email if u provide it. it isnt in colour and is only a photocopy of original drawings i got from work experience i done in Duxford air museum last yr when i was 15.

Any way you post these in the Technical area as pdf's?

Harvey 01, I'd suggest you contact one of the members here, username 'Tony Hill', who is buidling a Spit simulator. He's just completed the instrument panel, so can probably help. See his post in the modelling section, under 'Start to fininsh build', entitled Spitfire 1:1 scale, or something similar.

It does depend what you want. I got a Spitfire: Owner's Workshop Manual. However it is more suited for just an insight into owning, restoring, servicing and flying. The publisher is HAYNES. Not bad but would not be suitable for an attempt to build from scratch. It is available at amazom.com and directly from the UK. It cost me $25.

Douvie

Think he's found anything in the last 7 years???????
Gotta look at the start date, we all have done it.

Hello N4521U,

I believe that to add to a thread such as this is worthwhile anyway because it would make it actually contain some useful information rather than just an open query. The original poster may no longer be interested, but I know that I would be interested.

I actually do have the WarbirdTech book on this aeroplane though I am not sure the drawings have sufficient detail.

- Ivan.

Hi has anyone managed to find a manufacture drawing for a spitfire type blind flying panel. I would like to make one and could do with a dimensioned drg.
Hi, have a look at "spitfire in my workshop". David Glenn is building a museum quality mk9 and drawings of the mk9 are also available from a link on his website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back