Anyone heard from Crippen?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Todays Italian Grand Prix was very unpredictable...anything can happen, unexpected engine/hydraulics failures, tyre failures, driver failures...Its not all Schumacher y'know...

F1 isnt full of technology anymore :( that stoped when the have forbidden those skirts. and the most advanced Car ever was banned because of its revolutionairy damper system. (you know, that active hydraulic damper system. a computer was measuring all the time, and according to the measurement, the dampers wherre adjusted. ) because of that system the car was to fast.. -_-

Archangel said:
F1 isnt full of technology anymore :( that stoped when the have forbidden those skirts. and the most advanced Car ever was banned because of its revolutionairy damper system. (you know, that active hydraulic damper system. a computer was measuring all the time, and according to the measurement, the dampers wherre adjusted. ) because of that system the car was to fast.. -_-

Ah, the Williams FW-14B. The skirted cars were awesome, as was the Brabham BT-46b "fan car". 8)

It does have a lot of technology, especially with proposed new features thast we could see on the cars by 2008, such as devices that store the excess energy from the brakes, steering etc and store it for use as a "boost button". I understand for some it is boring at the moment, but 2008 is going to change all that.

Hey that kinda thing gets me going :rolleyes: The BTCC is without doubt the best kind of motorsport though. (On a track, Rallying is THE BEST.)

406_st.jpg

Maestro said:
Personnally, the lone thing I like in car races are accidents... When 3 cars out of 20 finish the race, it was a good race. :D

Whilst agree that when 3 out of 20 finish is a good race (Because invariably it means the shitty drivers do well, which I like to see) I think theres so much more to racing. Ill be watching the Moto GP later, as well as the French Rally highlights.

Just thought I would pop a post on to say thank you for the donations and the encouragement from folk on here, for the old China Challenge.

I did it!!! woohoo!! right pleased with mi ickle self.
It was hard and a fair bit of suffering went on, but blooming amazing, I had a fantastic time. It was good for me on oh so many levels and them there Mongolian mountains were a bit special .

If you want to peep at the pics, Ive put the lot on line, on www.crippenspath.cjb.net click on the Crypt and then on China challenge and photographs (lots of bad hair days, be warned), if you want to view without clicking each one you will have to log in (sorry). There is a diary of the whole trek on there too (no need to log in to see that though).

Anyway thanks lads.
Big Hugs Cripps

PS thanks Lancs for all your support, you were (and are) a star. I did wear my RAF cap and my Duxford fleece and spead the word of the Lancaster as much as poss hun. x (why is CC asking which is the best plane ever??? obvious answer doh!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back