Arado Ar196

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree.. this is the reason for having them attached there .

Makes sense. In construction when lifting a large load with a crane, there is always a "tag line" attached to the load so that a man on the ground can control the swing and spin of the object. Doesn't account for the line on the strut and floats though but I do agree that it's likely to allow catching the aircraft with a boat hook and for assisting with access.

Thanks for the input guys.

Hey, Im working in a small ROV company in Norway and recently found an almost intact arado ar196 on the bottom of the sea. I will soon go for another dive, so if anyone has any request for videos/pictures let me know :) And can anyone help me with determining if its a A2, A3 etc?
I made a short video of the previous dive:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VaZS-NQi58

And if anyone is an Arado 196 fan I would recommend: Valiant Wings Publishing Airframe Album 7, The Arado Ar 196. A Detailed Guide To The "Eyes Of The Kriegsmarine"

Great find. Start by seeing if there are bomb shackles under the wings. If so, the model is an A-2 or higher. If you can find the rear-firing gun, a twin barrel would make it an A-5. I'm not sure what you can do to distinguish an A-2, 3, and 4 as apparently the differences were structural.

Of course, if you can find the data plate which includes the aircraft serial number and type, then you will have a full ID. I don't know where the data plate is located on the 196.

Orig. Foto Wasser See Flugzeug Arado Ar 196 + Bf.Gr.196 + Spruch + Aalborg (2) | eBay

Himmel arsch und Zwirn is said when annoyed at somebody/thing

ar196_29.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back