Atomic B29's Available

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

eddie_brunette

Senior Airman
Oct 17, 2007
Nelspruit, Mpumalanga
All Aircraft Arcade :: View topic - [MOD] Boeing B-29 Silverplate *NEW*

I just installed to my office pc, so screenies quality not the same as home pc, sorry.

Airfield Attack in QMB. Oh and dropping an A-Bomb from 1000m does not work !!! :)

1 B29
Result:

bomb away.jpg

boom.jpg

Result.jpg

edd

As controversial as this is to many, it's a really cool mod. My first time through, I did the same thing over the Okinawa map and though I didn't use the bombsight, I centered on the base from 7,000m and destroyed everything but 2-3 objects. :shock:

You'd better be over 5,000m when you drop either of those nukes.

atleast you guys can fly that plane, i tried over 7 times with reinstalls of the game and repatching and i could never get the mod to work. now i gave up :|

well first i was on the all aircraft arcade and downloaded their AAA mod (the all plane thingy) and i did what they told, to have a clean install, patched up and have that russian crack thing.
i installed it and tried to run the mod activator, i could choose between 4.08M ... and the 4.09M .... (the dots are the options).
when i choose 1 of them the game loads up and after 5% it CTD, then i tried the 4.08M and it loads up till 25% and CTD.
i decided to do a reinstall of the game and patched it up to the recommended version (7 times i did it without any luck).
so i gave up, reisntalled the game patched it and fly it without mods.

Ok i used the unified installer V1 (1.1 out soon) just put the 4 folders in a seperate folder all together then run the exe in that folder AFTER you have patched a clean install of IL2 to 4.08m. I found this method a lot simpler.

Now for any plane you add seperately to the unified installer later, most of them come with the plane, a wrapper an AC installer, if you have used the unified installer dont install the wrapper (its in the unified installer pack) but you MUST install the AC Installer (current version 3.0) BEFORE you install the aircraft for EVERY plane you want to install seperately.

Hope this makes sense, had the same issue installing planes for a campaign ctd at 60% loadup. The above process is what RAF Magpie (did the work on the atomic bomb modelling) recommended to do it worked for me.

Hope this helps mate.

thnx barrakooda ill give it try and ill lett you guys know when it is a succes or failure

im gonna wait till the v1.1 version is comming out and then i give it a try

Yep, use the Unified Installer for sure. Also make sure (if you want to add some of the new aircraft) you get and install the aircraft installer AFTER you setup and install the UI.

Take baby steps, but start with the UI.

well i just downloaded the A/C installer V3.0 and i was suprised it works.
i dont know what i did wrong but atleast i can fly the bomber now and several other airplanes, only a shame that i cant find a B-17 to fly some mission with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back