Automatic Flight Control Systems

tkaniuka

Airman
80
9
Joined
Dec 11, 2015
Hello,

I believe that the RAF and USAAF both had some type of AFCS to assist pilots and bombardiers. I found a short article on the use of it (USAAF). Question, did the Luftwaffe have similar devices? Are there any manuals around to show operation of these systems (RAF, USAAF or Luftwaffe)?
 
I have seen manuals for the USAF Type C-1 autopilot on the internet occasionally. This was a common autopilot used on the US heavy bombers in WWII. The image below is from an early-war (I think) manual:

Type C-1 Autopilot [early] manual.jpg
 
Look what I found thanks to your help

 
Really am sorry about the mistake I made, has anyone seen similar for the RAF or Luftwaffe?
 
For the Luftwaffe, ASKANIA was specialized in FCS systems. Attached a system description from 1940.
 

Attachments

Thanks so much for the ASKANIA manual...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back