AV8 Harrier show

vinnye

Senior Airman
613
11
Joined
Dec 28, 2009
Location
Barnsley, UK
I found this posted on another (bike) forum - thought you might like it if you have not seen it before.
RAW VIDEO: The AV-8B Harrier wows the crowd! - WDRB 41 Louisville - News, Weather, Sports Community

If you get a chance to see it live DO - i saw it when the Harrier was first introduced to the RAF many years ago - and it is still as impressive today.
 
Great stuff!
Unfortunately, the bunch of ****wits who are our (UK) Government, retired our whole fleet of GR9s in December 2010 !
One of the best displays I saw was in the late 1980s, with the older Harrier GR3. Being on the Fire Crew at this particular air display, I was pretty close to the 'fast jet display line', which was above the adjoining field, which had carrots ready for harvest. The farmer didn't have to do any work, as the hovering Harrier lifted most of the carrots from the ground with its down wash, and they showered down like orange and green rain!
Priceless !
 
Last edited:
Cool video! Thanks for sharing.
 
Terry If I could have seen half the stuff you have seen in your life, man that would have been cool!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back